Puppies in costumes, tasty food and the chance to shop local while supporting an amazing cause. No, you’re not dreaming. Barktoberfest is back, Sunday, November 6 at Helena Amphitheater Park and we have the scoop on five things you’ll love at this special event. Read on for all you need to know.
5 things you’ll love at Barktoberfest
1. Adorable adoptions
Considering expanding your family through animal adoption? Barktoberfest is the perfect place to make it happen.
During the event, stop by the adoption area to learn more about pet adoption. Two by Two helps both dogs AND cats and their adoption team strives to pair adoptable pets with their perfect families, so expect a match made in heaven.
Get the adoption process started early—apply now through Two by Two Rescue’s website.
2. Tasty food + treats
Barktoberfest has plenty of tail-wagging treats, and not just for pets. Some to expect are:
Be sure to stop by Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers—they’ll be serving pup cups to all dogs who visit.
3. Over 60+ vendors and counting!
Yes, you read that right… over 60 vendors have signed up to be part of this year’s Barktoberfest. With the holiday season quickly approaching, it’s the perfect place to get a jumpstart on your shopping.
The best part, though, is that vendors are both pet-friendly and people-friendly!
Stroll people-friendly vendors for handmade jewelry, custom cups, woodwork and more unique items.
For the pets, shop vendors for treats, leashes, bandanas and more.
Vendor registration is still being accepted!
4. Family-friendly activities + must-see performances
Another thing you’ll love about Barktoberfest is the lengthy list of activities and entertainment. Here’s what to expect:
- Kids zone with face painting + bounce houses
- Comedy Hour with Birmingham’s own Junior Cook, Joyce Liles from the Muscle Shoals area + DFA out of Florence, AL
- Performances by the Birmingham Bulls Dance Team, Clog Wild Cloggers + Zach Welborne and the Thompson High School Jazz Band
- Appearances by The University of Alabama’s Big Al, Toro the Birmingham Bull’s mascot + more
Many dog-friendly activities can be found onsite, too, including:
- Vaccine & microchip clinic
- Pet parade
- Off-leash dog park
- Two by Two Alumni Tent
5. Extraordinary Silent Auction prizes
Love a Silent Auction? Then get ready to bid on some extraordinary prizes. It may be a “Silent” Auction, but we can’t keep some of these items quiet any longer! Here are a few that are up for grabs:
- Birmingham Bulls hockey package
- Birmingham Barons baseball package
- Date Night Basket featuring a stay at the Birmingham Tree House
- Family Fun package with games, gift cards + treats
Phew! It feels good to let the cat (or dog!) out of the bag.
Learn about Two by Two Rescue
Before we fill you in on where to find the best bouncy house and dog treats, here’s a bit about the organization behind the Barktoberfest—Two by Two Rescue.
Two by Two is not your average animal rescue. Operating as a foster-based, no-kill rescue, Two by Two exists to make sure that abandoned and abused animals have no more bad days by finding them loving furever homes. Regardless of age, breed, color or medical condition, Two by Two values the lives of all animals and strives to educate the public on responsible pet care.
This year, Two by Two celebrates 20 years of animal rescue. Once an animal becomes a part of the Two by Two family, they are family for life!
- What: Barktoberfest benefiting Two by Two Rescue
- When: Sunday, November 6 | 11AM-5PM
- Where: Helena Amphitheater Park, 4151 Helena Rd, Helena, AL 35080
- Cost: Free admission
- Parking: Street parking + Complimentary Shuttles. (Dogs are not permitted on the parking shuttles. A Pet & Passenger Drop-off/Pick-up area will be accessible at the park entrance.)