Looking to boost your tailgating game this fall? We have the ultimate way for you to do just that—all while helping to provide food for those in need. Read on to learn about the Magic City Harvest Tailgate Fundraiser and how picking up a delicious game-day meal on Friday, September 16 can make a huge impact in Birmingham.
Did you know?
Food is a basic need that is not met in the Greater Birmingham Area community. Almost 120,000 people do not know when or where they will have their next meal; nearly 21,000 are children. This is where Magic City Harvest strives to make an impact.
Since 1995, Magic City Harvest has had one mission: “End Waste, End Hunger.” As a perishable food recovery program of Greater Birmingham, the organization works to alleviate food insecurity, malnutrition and food waste by recovering excess food from restaurants, grocery stores, event venues, wholesale food distributors, schools and caterers and delivering it to 30 agencies that feed those in need.
They also strive to:
- Educate the community on hunger issues.
- Encourage advocacy regarding hunger.
- Create and/or support collaborative partnerships focused on these issues.
Order, Eat, Support
There are many ways to help stop hunger in the Greater Birmingham Area community, but the Magic City Harvest Tailgate Fundraiser is one of the tastiest. Why? Because this fundraiser features food from Little Donkey, Rodney Scott’s BBQ and HERO Doughnuts!
To participate, all you have to do is order, eat and support. Here’s how:
- Order one of these special meals from Little Donkey or Rodney Scott’s BBQ in Homewood.
- Pick up (and eat) your meal on Friday, September 16 between 2-7PM.
- Proceeds from your order support Magic City Harvest’s organization + allows them to provide food for community partners on the frontline feeding our hungry neighbors.
All orders include a cooler, koozies, frisbee and meals.
See the menu
Wondering what kind of meal options are available? Trust me, they’re delicious! Here’s a look:
- BBQ for 2
- What: Rodney Scott’s BBQ sandwiches with Mac & cheese, slaw and HERO doughnuts
- Cost: $50
- Chicken Tacos for 2
- What: Little Donkey chicken tacos with street corn, slaw and HERO doughnuts
- Cost: $50
- Veggie Tacos for 2
- What: Little Donkey veggie tacos with street corn, slaw and HERO doughnuts
- Cost: $50
Ready to support Magic City Harvest in their mission to “End Waste, End Hunger”? Order your meal now.
Not interested in purchasing a meal? You can still show your support. Donate to the Magic City Harvest Tailgate Fundraiser by making a donation for $25 or donate a custom amount here.
The Magic City Harvest Tailgate Fundraiser is sponsored by: Rodney Scott’s, Little Donkey, Hero doughnuts and Buns, Bham Now, Mountain Brook Presbyterian Church, Southern States Bank, Blake Schultz, Realtor, and Magic City Eye Care.
Want to learn more about Magic City Harvest and how they’re making an impact? Visit their website and follow them on Facebook and Instagram.