Swish! The Birmingham Squadron is gearing up for their second season, which means it’s time to bring your A-game to the court and try out for the team on Saturday, September 17. Think you have what it takes? Here’s what you should know about the Squadron and how to register for tryouts.
Why should you try out for the Birmingham Squadron?
On December 5, 2021, the Birmingham Squadron played before a crowd of nearly 5000 basket fans (4872 to be exact!) in their inaugural game at the newly-renovated Legacy Arena. After an impressive first season, Birmingham’s first NBA G-League team is back again this November for their second season.
Why try out?
- You’ll have the chance to showcase your talents in front of Squadron coaches and front office staff.
- You’ll have the opportunity to make the Squadron roster, get high-level playing time + participate in the team’s fall training camp
- You’ll become a part of Birmingham’s growing sports scene + play ball at venues across the country
Who can try out?
Anyone, really—but here are some general guidelines:
- Participants must be at least 18 years old.
- Participants must meet the NBA G-League eligibility requirements.
- Participants must pay the required $260 nonrefundable registration fee (includes cost of try-out jersey).
- To register, you must complete these 3 forms: Registration, Release & Eligibility + Medical Consent & Authorization.
The registration deadline is Friday, September 16 at 5PM. Register now.
Act fast: Only the first 100 participants to provide registration payment will be invited to try out.
Ready to show off your A-game? To try out for the Birmingham Squadron, register by September 16 at 5PM.