Birmingham, we have so many Black-owned businesses in our city to be proud of. It’s time to celebrate these businesses and have fun at The Modern Green Book’s second annual Culture and Community Fest. Register now for this event on August 27, noon-8PM at Sloss.
A Birmingham event you don’t want to miss
We’re lucky to have a calendar jam-packed with amazing events in our city, but this event is one you really can’t miss. The Modern Green Book’s (TheMGB) 2nd Annual Culture and Community Fest is mixing fun with an opportunity to discover Black-owned businesses in our city.
- When: Saturday, August 27 at noon-8PM
- Where: Sloss Furnaces, 20 32nd St N, Birmingham, AL 35222
- Tickets: General admission is $8 online or $10 at the gate | VIP tickets are $65 online or $80 at the gate
“We have a small Black business grant that we’re starting in the Fall. I wanted something that highlights and amplifies our mission—which is to support, lift and celebrate Black-owned businesses and the communities they serve—with the fun twist of a fundraiser. This event will help support our new grant program.”Theo Edwards-Butler, Founder & CEO, The Modern Green Book
Mark your calendar for August 27 and buy tickets for the Culture and Community Fest today.
The 2nd Annual Culture & Community Fest has a stacked lineup
Shopping with Black-owned vendors, a fun zone with inflatables and photo ops are all on the agenda. Also, get ready to groove and sing at the top of your lungs because this event also has live music. Artists and bands include:
- The Deep Project
- Taqi Ali
- Joell Regal
- Lauren Geter
- Joshua David Band
- Dynasty & Sonic Energy
- Dominique Posey
- Symone French
- Jazzy Tha Rapper
- DJ Gorgeous
What is The Modern Green Book?
2020 Samford University grad Theo Edwards-Butler saw a need for a community that celebrates, uplifts and supports Black-owned businesses. So, this young professional stepped up and started The Modern Green Book as a way for people to find and learn about Black-owned businesses and organizations in states all over the country. It’s also a resource for these businesses because it gives them the tools they need to grow and thrive.
“It’s for everyone to use as a resource. Yes, we list and find resources for Black-owned business., but we are for everyone to use because it’s important that everyone plays that role to support Black-owned businesses.
The beauty of Black businesses is that they’re in the hearts of every kind of central community within a city and they are the ones that are putting money back into it.”Theo Edwards-Butler, Founder & CEO, The Modern Green Book
More events to get excited for
We have more good news—TheMGB is hosting events leading up to the Culture and Community Fest. Do you want to groove to live music, learn more about TheMGB or network with fellow Black-owned businesses and creatives? Lucky you, you get to do all of that at these upcoming events:
Tuesday, August 23 | Tuesday Night Live
- Enjoy local artists with a live band and an open mic
- When: Tuesday, August 23 | 9PM
- Where: BluOnyx, 615 8th Ave W, Birmingham, AL 35204
- Tickets: $10 entry fee
Wednesday, August 24 | What is TheMGB
- Learn all about The Modern Green Book
- When: Wednesday, August 24 | 6:30PM
- Where: Cahaba Brewing Company, 4500 5th Ave S Building C, Birmingham, AL 35222
- Tickets: Free entry
Thursday, August 25 | Black Business Appreciation Night
- Network with Black-owned Businesses, creatives, investors and community partners
- When: Thursday, August 25 | 7PM
- Where: POLARIS Flexible Co Woking & Event Space, 5521 1st Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35212
- Tickets: Free, RSVP by texting 502-322-4332 with your name and business name or industry
Be sure to attend these events and buy tickets for The Modern Green Book’s Culture and Community Fest today.