Looking for a restaurant to add to your foodie bucket list this summer? Birmingham favorite Half Shell Oyster House is officially open in Pelham, so now, whether you’re going to Lakeview, Pelham or Trussville, you can grab a delish meal—even if you’re not a fan of seafood. Keep reading to see our top menu picks, from oysters to steak.
Half Shell Oyster House
Now that Half Shell Oyster House is open in Pelham, you have plenty of opportunities to dig in. Plus, there’s truly something for everyone on the menu, whether you’re a seafood lover or not.
- Trussville: 218 Main St, Trussville, AL 35173 | Monday-Thursday 11AM-10PM, Friday-Saturday 11AM-11PM, Sunday 11AM-9PM
- Lakeview: 616 29th St S, Birmingham, AL 35233 | Sunday-Thursday 4-10PM, Friday-Saturday 4-11PM
- Pelham: 2408 Pelham Pkwy, Pelham, AL 35124 | Monday-Thursday 4-10PM, Friday 4-11PM, Saturday 11AM-11PM, Sunday 11AM-9PM
- Website | Facebook | Instagram
5 menu items to add to your must-try list
1. Charbroiled Oysters
With oyster in the name, it’s no surprise that the charbroiled oysters are a top recommendation for Half Shell Oyster House. This savory, buttery goodness was the first oyster I’ve ever tried, and I loved the garlicky, cheesy taste. If you’re like me and not a huge fan of seafood, these are still worth getting for the table!
- Dish details: Half Shell’s signature oyster, charbroiled over an open flame with a white wine, butter, garlic and herb sauce + topped with Parmesan
- Price: Half Dozen $13.70 | Dozen $24
2. Royal Redfish
Looking for an elevated seafood dish that’s perfectly flavorful and filling? Add the Royal Redfish to your list. Trust me when I say you’ll want to cover everything with this cream sauce!
- Dish details: Redfish served over a bed of grilled asparagus + Cajun boiled mashed potatoes, topped with Royal Red shrimp in a white wine cream sauce
- Price: $29
3. Filet Orleans
Steak and shrimp are a dream combo, especially when they’re covered in a perfectly smoky sauce. Need more convincing? The signature Orleans sauce is actually a personal favorite of Erin Middleton, Trussville General Manager.
- Dish details: USA Choice 7 oz tenderloin topped with shrimp sautéed in original New-Orleans-style smoky Cajun sauce + Parmesan cheese
- Price: $39
4. Voodoo Chicken Sandwich
Not a fan of seafood? You have to try the Voodoo Chicken Sandwich. This might have been my favorite dish on the menu—it’s perfectly crunchy with a fantastic sauce and toppings.
- Dish details: Fried chicken tossed in a sweet + spicy Voodoo sauce, topped with melted Gorgonzola cheese on a Brioche bun
- Price: $13.50
5. Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding
Of course, you can’t forget to add something sweet to finish off your meal! The cinnamon roll bread pudding is the ideal blend of two popular sweet treats, and it’s the perfect way to wrap up a delicious meal.
- Dish details: Homemade bread pudding with cinnamon rolls, cranberries + pecans, topped with spiced rum sauce
- Price: $7
What will YOU try first? Find even more menu options on Half Shell Oyster House’s website, Facebook and Instagram.