Father’s Day is Sunday, June 19, which means it’s time to celebrate all the dads, papas, grandpas and other father figures out there. For ideas on what to do to make the day special, check out our roundup of activities, deals and more around Birmingham.
1. The Birmingham Zoo & Euphonious 2
Father’s Day weekend is a big one for The Birmingham Zoo with the Euphonious 2 Music Festival taking place Friday, June 17-Sunday, June 19.
Our suggestion: take dad to spend the morning visiting The Zoo’s many animals, including their newest lion, Josh, then catch Euphonious 2 beginning at 5:30PM.
The Birmingham Zoo info:
Euphonious 2 Info:
2. Father’s Day Express
This Father’s Day weekend, board the Calera and Shelby Railroad for a nostalgic train ride through the woods of Shelby County.
When not on board, discover a variety of exhibits, displays and more on the grounds including:
- Operational model steam stationary + traction engines
- Large lawn display of model trains
- Food vendors
When: Saturday, June 18 | Festival – 10AM | Train Rides – 10AM + 1PM
Where: Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum, 1919 9th St, Calera, AL 35040
Cost: $17-$28 | Dad’s ride for $5 with purchase of one regular ticket
3. Steel City Smooth Jazz Festival
If your dad loves jazz, you’re in luck! Birmingham’s Steel City Smooth Jazz Fest is back and it takes place during Father’s Day weekend.
On Friday June 17-Saturday, June 18, catch 22 artists live on stage, including multiple Grammy Winners and nominees. Some of the names you can expect include:
- The Isley Brothers
- Saxophonist Boney Jones
- R&B sensation Musiq Soulchild
4. Father’s Day Weekend with the Locked Band
Enjoy an afternoon of food and tunes with music from The Locked Band. More info.
Food & Drinks
5. Treats from Cookie Fix
For the dad who can pack in the sweets, think cookies! Visit Cookie Fix’s website to preorder something special, or swing by one of their locations to see what’s baking.
6. Dad’s 6-Pack Burger Box from Hero Doughnuts
If burgers are the way to dad’s heart, Hero Doughnuts has you covered with the Dad’s 6-Pack Burger Box.
Preorder for $39.99 and grill your favorite Hero burgers at home. Each box includes:
- 6 Inland Seafood ground beef patties
- 6 housemade brioche buns
- 1 bottle of Hero Doughnut’s famous Cracked Sauce
- All the Hero burger toppings
To preorder: Call Hero Doughnuts in Homewood (205.623.1017) or Railroad Park (205.558.8011)
Pickup Dates: Friday, June 17-Sunday, June 19
Where: 3027 Central Ave, Homewood, AL 35209 | 1701 1st Ave S Suite 135, Birmingham, AL 35233
7. Man Up Breakfast 2022
This Father’s Day, celebrate the strong role models in the Birmingham community during the Man Up Breakfast.
Here’s who you’ll see at the event:
- Keynote Speaker: Art Franklin, Emmy Award-Winning Journalist, Former host of CBS 42 News with Art Franklin
- Host: Jermaine “Funnymaine” Johnson, Comedian
- Closing the Wealth Gap Panelists:
- Abra Barnes, President/Broker Barnes & Associates, Realtors
- Isaac Cooper, CEO at IMC Financial Consulting
- Greg Jones, President and CEO at The Jones Group, LLC
8. The Dinner Detective – Father’s Day Show
Get dinner and a show during The Dinner Detective—an interactive comedy murder mystery dinner theatre show. During the show, you’ll have the chance to try and solve a hilarious mystery while feasting on a delicious dinner. More info.
9. Sunday Brunch + Draft Cocktails at Carrigan’s Beer Garden
No dad can say no to Sunday brunch and draft cocktails. Get both at Carrigan’s Beer Garden this Father’s Day. More info.
When: Sunday, June 19 | Noon-6:30PM
Where: Carrigan’s Beer Garden, 2910 6th Ave S, Birmingham, AL 32533
10. Meals from Perry’s Steakhouse
Make Father’s Day special with an amazing meal at Perry’s Steakhouse. Here’s what’s on the menu, Sunday, June 19:
- Dine-in or To-go: 22 oz. Smoked Kansas City Bone-In Strip Steak OR Pork Chop 3-course supper, brunch cocktails + more
- To-go only: Family-style Dinner for 4: 4 lbs. Smoked Kansas City Bone-In Strip Roast for 4. Includes: 4 wedge salads and entree with mashed potatoes.
11. Yak For The Papas
Treat the papas in your life to a drink. Head to LeNell’s Beverage Boutique on Sunday, June 19 for a tasting of select rare brandies. More info.
When: Sunday, June 19 | 1-3PM
Where: LeNell’s Beverage Boutique, 1208 32nd St N, Birmingham, AL 35234
Want to take dad out of town this Father’s Day? Here are 7 ways to celebrate Father’s Day in Huntsville.
How will you be celebrating Father’s Day 2022? Let us know—tag @bhamnow on social.