During The World Games 2022 Birmingham, many streets around the downtown Jefferson County Courthouse will be closed to through traffic. That said, the Courthouse *will* remain open for citizens to transact business. But, if you want to avoid the crazy traffic, here’s what to do.
Doing business with Jefferson County in July? You’ve got options
You’ve got three great options, if you need to do business with Jefferson County. They are:
- Get it done between now and July 2, when traffic restrictions are put into place for The World Games 2022 Birmingham.
- Hop online and take care of it virtually.
- Visit a satellite location.
If you do have to head downtown, be prepared. We’ve got all the details you’ll need below.
How to do business with Jefferson County during The World Games 2022 while keeping your cool
While the Courthouse *will* remain open for business, here are some other ways you can get things done:
1. Be a happy resident—do your business online
Here’s a list of things you can do online and save yourself the trip:
- Renew your car tag
- Renew your boat registration
- Renew your driver’s license
- Pay Traffic Tickets
- Order vital records like a copy of your birth certificate, marriage, or divorce paperwork
- Apply for a sewer, building or zoning permit
- Pay your sewer bill
- Pay your property tax or search tax information
2. Use satellite locations to avoid downtown
Whether you want to renew your car tag, fill out a change of address form or get a driver’s license, you can visit one of these four locations:
- Bessemer Courthouse: 1801 3rd Avenue, Bessemer, AL 35020
- Center Point: 2651 Center Point Parkway, Birmingham, AL 35215
- Hoover: 1901 Hoover Court, Birmingham, AL 35226
- Northern Satellite: 651 Main Street, Gardendale, AL 35071
Note: You can only get a learner’s permit at a Trooper Post. Also, if you are moving to Birmingham, you need to go to the Trooper Post to apply for an Alabama Driver License: 908 Bankhead Hwy W, Birmingham AL 35201.
STAR IDs are only available at ALEA Driver License examining offices.
3. If you have to come downtown, be prepared
Take care of your business now and avoid the July 2-17 window when the restrictions will be in place.
Take a free shuttle + walk to the courthouse. Show paperwork that you have business with the County to get through the barricades.
If you need to do business with Jefferson County, you can—you just need to plan ahead.