What happens when the Magic City’s best barbecue, pizza and music collide? You get Lakeview Hullabaloo—taking over the popular Lakeview entertainment district on Saturday, June 4 from 2PM-12AM. Ready to join the Birmingham community for an unforgettable festival? We’re sharing the low-down on what you need to know.
A collaboration of the best
This year, Lakeview is shaking things up. What historically has been Slicefest and Moe’s Original BBQ Smokin’ Summer Jam is now combining efforts to become Lakeview Hullabaloo—a music festival celebrating community, music, food, drinks and the rich history of Lakeview.
Jam to the tunes of summer with a stacked lineup of live music consisting of blues, rock, funk and more—never limited to one genre. Plus, see Gov’t Mule headline the festival as they take the stage at 8:45PM playing not one, but TWO sets.
Here’s the official lineup:
- Tuckahoe Travelers | 3:30–4:30PM: a four-piece Southern rock band that follows the style of traditional Southern singer-songwriters.
- T.U.B (The Unknamed Band) | 5–6:15PM: covers the music of the Grateful Dead, Phish and WSP, but also flavors their sets with a nod to Steely Dan and other jam bands.
- Funk You | 6:45–8:15PM Time to get funky with this high-octane funk band, driven by a hard-hitting rhythm section and glistening horns.
- Gov’t Mule | 8:45–midnight Led by a GRAMMY award-winning artist + guitarist, Haynes, the band has reached a global fan base with its timeless rock, incredible vision and 20+ albums.
Come hungry + stay late 🍕🔥
When you come to Lakeview Hullabaloo, you won’t leave without a bite. Organized by Slice Pizza and Moe’s Original BBQ—joined by presenting sponsor, Bud Light NEXT—you know this event will be a crowd pleaser. Enjoy summertime fare including fresh pies from Slice and meats from Moe’s Original Barbeque.
Watch local celebrities chow down on some Moe’s wings during the wing-eating showdown. Count us in to watch it allll go down.
Since warm temps are in the forecast, you can cool it down with a wide selection of refreshing beverages, including craft beer, seltzers, cocktails, sodas and more—provided by Adams Beverage, Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Pepsi and Buffalo Rock.
One of the best parts? Lakeview Hullabaloo is giving back. With over $90,000 raised for nonprofits in the last nine years of Lakeview festivals, this year’s event will benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. In addition, this festival also honors the late Jeff Bajalieh, co-owner of Slice Pizza.
Want tix? 🎟 Here’s where to find ’em
If you’re looking for tickets, you’re in the right place. If the artists, the food and fun wasn’t enough to convince you, maybe an advance ticket price will.
- $25 tickets in advance | $30 at the door | $100 VIP tickets
- 725 29th St. S., Birmingham, AL 35233 | 2PM-12AM
- Buy tickets here
General admission tickets include all-day admission to the festival. If you opt for VIP tickets, you’ll have access to the Tito’s Handmade Vodka VIP area as well as two drink tickets. Plus, private restrooms, a private bar and covered tents are all part of the draw.
Along with headline sponsor, Bud Light NEXT, other gracious sponsors include: Featured Acts – Tito’s Handmade Vodka and Pepsi & Buffalo Rock; Supporting Acts – Croux, Longleaf, Craneworks, Amplify Marketing, Bham Now, Birmingham Mountain Radio, Sysco and Burns Brashier & Johnson, LLC.
For more information, head to their website today. Trust us—it’s the can’t-miss event of the summer.
Are you headed to Lakeview Hullabaloo this summer? Take lots of pictures and use the tag #LH2022.