What time is it? Summertime! Dip in these pools and splash pads around Birmingham for fabulous pool times.
BTW: Some of these pools are not public. You’ll have to become a member or be a resident. Be sure to call the pool ahead of time to double-check!
1. Norwood Swimming Pool
Norwood is still open and ready for a swim.
- Address: 2700 15th St Ensley, Birmingham, AL 35208
- Hours: Daily 12-6PM
- Contact: 205.254.2391
2. Underwood Swimming Pool
It’s getting hotter out, which means it’s the perfect season to take a dip in the pool. Call ahead for Birmingham City pools for hours.
- Address: 1021 26th St. S., Birmingham, Al 35205
- Hours: Mon.,Tues., Thurs.-Sat. 12-6PM
- Contact: 205.930.0821
3. Memorial Park Recreation Center
Want to be a lifeguard? Apply to protect any Birmingham City pool.
- Address: 524 6th Ave S., Birmingham, AL 35205
- Contact: 205.254.6332
Click here for more community pools in Birmingham!
4. Homewood Central Community Pool
Take a dip in the pool on May 21st when Homewood Community Pool opens to the public for the season.
- Address: Homewood Community Center. 1632 Oxmoor Rd., Birmingham, AL 35209
- Hours: Check their schedule online.
- Contact: 205.332.6710
5. The Pool + Splash Pad at Patriot Park
Located at Patriot Par, the pool and splash pad will open on May 22nd—be there for fabulous summer fun!
- Address: 710 Oak Grove, Homewood, AL 35209
- Hours: Mon.-Thurs. 9AM-7PM; Fri.-Sat. 9AM-6PM; Sun. 1-6PM
- Contact: 205.332.6700
6. Hoover Community Center
All pool users are required to have a full membership to use the pool.
7. Wald Park Pool
Call ahead to book a spot at the pool. It stays busy!
- Address: 1973 Merryvale Road, Vestavia Hills, AL 35216
- Hours: Monday-Wednesday + Friday-Saturday 10 AM-7 PM | Thursday 10 AM-9 PM | Sunday 2-7 PM
- Contact: 205.978.0172
- Facebook | Twitter
8. Birmingham CrossPlex
The pool at the Birmingham CrosssPlex has ten 50-meter lanes and 20 25-yard lanes for maximum swimming fun. Host your next pool event here!
- Address: 2337 Bessemer Rd., Birmingham, AL 35208
- Hours: Daily 8AM-5PM
- Contact: 205.279.8900
- Website | Facebook
9. Beneful Alabaster Dream Dog Park
The dog park is carpeted with synthetic turf, features separate off-leash areas for small and large dogs, water splash pads, tunnels and hoops, a miniature fetch football field, a walking course and more.
- Address: 7305 Highway 119, Alabaster, Alabama 35007
- Phone:(205) 664-6840
- More info: check here for details about leashes, different size dog areas, cleaning up after your pet, and more.
10. Birmingham Zoo Splash Pad
The Zoo is a wonderful way to fill with your time with adventure, but did you know there is a splash pad as weel? Cool off with your fam after touring the zoo—you’ll appreciate the refreshing water.
- Address: 2630 Cahaba Road, Birmingham, Alabama 35223
- Phone: (205) 879-0409
- Hours + admission: Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM, Saturday-Sunday 9AM-6PM. Included in the price of admission.
- Website | Facebook
11. Center Point Splash Pad
Center Point is open for rentals, so plan a small gathering with friends or family for the ultimate splash pad experience.
- Address: Polly Reed Rd NE, Center Point, AL 35215
- Phone: (205) 545-8555
- Hours: Tuesday-Sunday: rental only
12. Celebration Park
Driving to Gardendale? Take a break from the heat at this splash pad. Fun awaits you!
- Address: 2191 Fieldstown Road, Gardendale, Alabama 35071
- Hours: Monday–Thursday 8 AM–4PM
- Phone: (575) 541-2550
- More details: check here
13. Hoover Metropolitan Complex
The latest addition to the Hoover Met is free and fun. This splash pad will keep you and your kids entertained for hours.
- Address: 5508 Stadium Trace Pkwy, Hoover, AL 35244
- Phone: (205) 739-7364
- Hours + admission: free and open to the public—you don’t have to be a Hoover resident. Tuesday-Sunday 10AM-7PM
14. Leeds Splash Pad
Leeds Splash Pad is back! Join them on their opening day on Saturday, May 28.
- Address: 804 Park Drive, Leeds, Alabama 35094
- Phone: (205) 699-0910
- Hours + admission: free for Leeds residents and their guests
15. Midfield City Park
Just south of Fairfield, you’ll find the quaint little town of Midfield. Don’t forget to visit the park to cool off.
- Address: 410 Grant St, Midfield, Alabama 35228
- Phone:(205) 923-2455
- Hours + admission: Tuesday 9AM-5PM, Wednesday-Sunday 10AM-5PM.
16. Pell City Splash Pad at Lakeside Park
If you’re looking for fun AND adventure, then visit Pell City’s slash pad. You’ll always find something to do.
- Address: 2801 Stemley Bridge Road, Pell City, Alabama 35054
- Phone:(205) 884-3030
- Hours + admission: hours vary throughout the Summer, so check for details here. $3 per person age 3 and up
17. Pinson Bicentennial Park
Run around, safely, at the coolest park in Pinson City.
- Address: 4200 Oak Street West, Pinson, Alabama 35216
- Phone: (205) 680-2739
- Hours + admission: $1 residents, $2 police jurisdiction, $4 non-residents. Sunday-Monday 1-7PM, Tuesday-Saturday 10AM-7PM. Check here for more info.
18. Sicard Hollow Sports Complex
Take a break from the summer heat at this complex in Vestavia. You’ll want to make this your go-to summer hang out spot.
- Address: 4851 Sicard Hollow Road, Vestavia, Alabama 35242
- Hours and admission: free and open to the public. Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM. Saturday 9AM-3PM. Sunday noon-11PM. Find out more here.
19. Birchtree Swim & Racquet Club
The pool opens on May 25th, dive in!
- Address: 3583 Burntleaf Ln, Hoover, AL 35226
- Hours and admission: Monday-Saturday 10:30 AM- 8 PM | Sunday 12-7 PM. Learn more about membership and pricing here.
You’ll want to confirm hours and admission details for all of these pools and splash pads by calling ahead. Sometimes holidays or events can change the park’s hours.
Contributors to this piece include Patience Itson + Sharron Swain.
For more buzzy news like this delivered straight to your inbox, sign up for our free newsletter.