Spring is a great time to be outdoors exploring new things. Your ultimate destination—Gulf Shores and Orange Beach. We’ve compiled a list of springtime adventures that cater to all sorts of tastes and budgets. Are you ready? Dive in.
Riding bikes is one of my favorite things to do on a beach vacation. Perfect for a solo ride or for a full family adventure, there are many beautiful places to rent and ride bikes around Gulf Shores and Orange Beach.
Some trails to travel:
- Coyote Crossing Trail: Distance – 3.2 miles | Difficulty – Moderate
- Hugh S. Brandon Back Country Trail: Distance – 28+ miles of trail options | Difficulty – Easy-Moderate
- Fort Morgan Trail: Distance – 10.8 miles | Difficulty – Moderate
- Graham Creek Nature Preserve: Distance – 10 miles | Difficulty – Easy-Moderate
- Lake Shelby Loop: Distance – 6 miles | Difficulty – Moderate
2. Bird Watching
You may not be able to fly like a bird, but you can still take delight in watching them skim the sky and ocean. A top place to see our feathered friends is Fort Morgan, located 22 miles west of Gulf Shores at Mobile Point. As a migrant trap for a variety of species, you’ll likely catch a glimpse of wading birds, terns or even the occasional rarity.
For the full list of outdoor activities you need to try now in Gulf Shores, click here.