Still in the mood to go out on New Year’s Day? We’ve gathered some places open on New Year’s in Birmingham for you. Read more to get all the deets.
Birmingham is full of entertainment from live animals to bowling. Check out which attractions are open on New Year’s Day in Birmingham.
Start the New Year by visiting Birmingham Zoo’s diverse exhibits of animals. They’ll be open on New Year’s Day!
PRO TIP: Visit their Glow Wild exhibit at night—it’s magical.
- Location: 2630 Cahaba Rd, Birmingham, AL 35223
- New Year’s Hours: 9AM-4PM | Glow Wild 5-8PM
Bowlero is offering New Year’s packages. Strike! Reserve your lane for unlimited bowling. Excitingly, they are offering an NYE Family and adult package deal—the latter comes with a champagne toast.
- Location: 2908 Riverview Rd, Birmingham, AL 35242
- Hours: Friday, December 31 from 12PM-1AM
- NYE Family Package | NYW Ball Drop (bubbly edition)
More bowling alleys
- Have spare time? Visit Oak Mountain Lanes since they’re open for New Year’s Day. They’re also offering a NYE party—check it out.
- Celebrate the New year entertained at Spare Time Entertainment. They have all types of activies like bowling, laser tag and a huge arcade.
Movie theaters to visit on New Year’s Day
Spider-Man and Cinderalla seem interesting? Start 2022 at the movies! If you’re like me and it’s been a year since you have been to a theater, then this is your chance to start anew as a moviegoer.
- The show must—and will—go on at AMC Patton Creek 15 and DINE-IN Vestavia Hills 10.
- Regal Trussville will be showing a mantinee Cinderella.
- McWane IMAX will be open for business. Get tickets for the ultimate movie experience.
Oak Mountain State Park
Oak Mountain State Park is open and hosting your first hike of the year—Sunrise Hike: King’s Chair. It’s fun for all ages, just meet at the North Trailhead at 5:00AM!
- Location: 200 Terrace Dr, Pelham, AL 35124
There are all sorts of things to do at Railroad Park like skating, enjoying the water or just walking around. Bring in the New Year at one of Birmingham’s most unique parks.
- Location: 1600 1st Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35233
Some restaurants to visit
Both locations will be open on New Year’s Day, so you can celebrate the first day at your fave Indian cuisine restaurant.
- Location: Five Points: 1024 20th St. S, Unit 101, Birmingham, AL 35205 | 280: 5426 Highway 280, Suite 14 Birmingham, AL 35242
- Hours: Five Points: Monday-Thursday 5-9:30, Friday-Saturday 5-10PM, Sunday 5-9PM, daily 11AM-2:30PM | 280: same hours but closed Monday
- Website | Facebook | Instagram
If you want to try something new or maybe embrace your inner epicurean, then reserve your table at Fleming’s. Their dishes offer elegant flavors that are perfect for the New Year.
- Location: 103 Summit Boulevard, Birmingham, AL 35243
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 4-10PM | Sunday 4-9PM
- Website | Facebook | Instagram
Blueprint on 3rd
Want a polished-casual restaurant to visit on New Year’s Day? Then Blueprint on 3rd is the place for eating and entertainment, since it’s open on New Year’s Day in Birmingham.
- Location: 3000 3rd Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35233
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 4:30-9PM | Friday-Saturday 4:30-10
- Website | Instagram
Making eating locally a New Year’s resolution? You can find local eats here.
What are your plans for New Year’s in Birmingham? Tag us @bhamnow to let us know.