It’s (almost) the most wonderful time of the year… If you’re looking for some fabulously festive Alabama Christmas events, you’ve come to the right place. Today, we’re talking Marshall County. Read on for some can’t-miss festivities, all within 2 hours driving distance of Birmingham.
Don’t miss these Alabama Christmas Events:
1. Christmas in the Park—Arab, AL ✨
Just over an hour north of Birmingham, you’ll find Arab, AL. And, starting November 26, the town’s city park will be transformed. Over two million lights will light up the night sky and festive decorations will be spread across the community.
This free, family-friendly event is a hit—Arab expects thousands to travel in for one of the most impressive Christmas displays in the state.
2. Santa at the Village—Arab, AL 🎅
But wait, there’s more. Don’t forget to visit Mr. Claus in Arab’s Historic Village… because there’s no such thing as too much holiday spirit.
This popular event is more than just photos with Santa. Village-goers will also get a peek into his bedroom, a behind-the-scenes look at how reindeer shoes are made and a chance to pick up some fresh reindeer food.
- When: Nov 26-27, Dec 3-4, Dec 10-11, Dec 17-18 | 6-9PM (weather permitting)
- Where: Arab Historic Village
- Cost: $6 per person, free for children under 2
3. Festival of the Trees—Guntersville, AL 🎄
If you’re seeking a free, festive and educational activity—look no further. Festival of the Trees offers a little taste of Guntersville history and a peek into the community life in town.
Browse over 35 Christmas trees decorated by local businesses and see which catches your eye. You’ll also get a little history lesson while you’re in the museum.
- When: November 18-January 2 | see website for museum seasonal hours
- Where: Guntersville Museum
- Cost: Free
4. Christmas in the Park—Lake Guntersville State Park 🌟
- December 4, 11 and 18: Pictures with Santa at the Lodge. (6-8PM)
- December 11: Cookies with Santa at The Gathering Place inside the campground—call 256-571-5440 to register.
- December 25: Christmas buffet at the Lodge. $17 for children age 4-10, $27 for adults—call 256-505-6621 to reserve your spot.
5. Alabama Christmas Events—shopping edition 🎁
Want to avoid delays with online holiday shopping AND support local? Check out these shop-portunities in Marshall County:
- Albertville’s Downtown Christmas Open House is November 19 (5-9PM) and 20 (10AM-2PM). This event will feature carriage rides, Christmas cookie decorating, gift wrapping, plenty of shopping and so much more.
- Arab’s Christmas Extravaganza is November 20 at the Arab’s Farmers Market. There, you’ll find a sea of local vendors selling gift-worthy goodies like decor and tasty treats.
- For everything from Dolly Parton shirts and funny socks to Yellowstone merch, hit up The Grove Gift Shop in Boaz. While you’re in town, be sure to pick up some fresh decor from South Design Co, too.
- Guntersville hosts A Night Before Christmas, a can’t-miss shopping event on December 11 (5-9PM). It will have an ice skating rink, vendor market, cookie decorating and more. Rumor has it Mr. and Mrs. Claus may also make an appearance.