Halloween weekend has finally arrived, and it’s bringing a never-ending list of cool events to attend around Birmingham. If you’re looking for the ultimate good time, here’s what’s ahead, October 29-31.
This Weekend in The Magic City
Live theatre is back
Where? At Samford University’s newly-renovated Harrison Theatre and we are applauding. This Thursday-Sunday, Oct. 28-31, see local actors from Samford Arts + Miles College in Crumbs from the Table of Joy. The coming-of-age story follows the memories of Ernestine, a 17-year-old African American, and the ways in which in her family finds peace after the loss of her mother. This play is a must-see, so get your tickets now.
The grills ignite!
Saturday, Oct. 30 marks the 25th annual Children’s Harbor Pig Iron BBQ Cook-Off, and it’s going to be an A1 time. Held at Cahaba Brewing Co. from 4-7PM, taste some local ‘cue + jam to live music, all while supporting a good cause. Tickets available here.
It’s absolutely TERRIFYING… or is it?
Fun and frightening go hand in hand this pumpkin-lovin’ weekend, and The Fennec is ready! They’re hosting their first Halloween party on Friday, Oct. 29 from 8PM-2AM, and it’s sure to be a blast. From specialty cocktails to costume contests, grab your tickets now for $20. Tickets are $20. Fright Night @ The Fennec. 8PM-2AM. $15-$20. Tickets.
Adulting IS fun
Looking to attend an adult Halloween party? The Pizitz After Dark—Spooky Edition event is the good time you’re seeking. Join in on all the hocus pooches on Saturday, Oct. 30 from 8PM-Midnight for Tarot card readings, live DJs + lots of LED circus performers. The fun is free—don’t miss a moment.
More to Discover
- Friday, Oct. 29: Trick or Treating @ Downtown Leeds. 3-5PM. Free.
- Friday, Oct. 29: Trick for Treat @ Trussville Library. 4-6PM. Free.
- Friday, Oct. 29: Tricks or Treats @ Greater Birmingham Humane Society. 6-8PM. Pet food donation for entry.
- Friday-Sunday, Oct. 29-31: Back to Broadway @ Red Mountain Theatre Arts Campus. 2PM + 8PM. $10-$25. Tickets.
- Saturday, Oct. 30: Magic City Classic Tailgate @ Legion Field–Westside Parking Lot. 10AM-2PM. Free.
- Saturday, Oct. 30: Art at Night Classic Weekend @ Studio 2500. 6:30-10PM. $20 / Free Admission for Kids under 13. Tickets.
- Saturday, Oct. 30: Halloween Party: Enchanting Tricks or Wicked Treats @ Grand Bohemian Hotel – Mountain Brook. 6PM-Midnight. $35. Free for hotel guests. Tickets.
- Saturday, Oct. 30: Grand Opening Halloween Party @ Charm. Nooon-6PM. Free.
- Friday, Oct. 29: Scare Your Face Off Fest XI @ Saturn. Doors Open – 8PM, Music Starts – 9PM. $8 – in costume, $15 – no costume. Tickets.
- Saturday-Sunday, Oct. 30-31: Senator Bones’ Halloween Extravaganza @ Sidewalk Cinema. Times Vary. Tickets.
- Saturday, Oct. 30: Halloween in the Heights @ Cahaba Heights Businesses. 10AM-5PM. Free.
- Saturday, Oct. 30: Halloween Po-Up Shop @ Cahaba Brewing Co. Noon-5PM. Free.
- Friday, Oct. 30: The Rocky Horror Masquerade Ball @ Sloss Furnaces. Doors Open – 6PM, Costume Contest – 8:30PM. $30. Tickets.
- Saturday, Oct. 30: Camp-O-Ween 2021 @ Oak Mountain State Park. 5-9PM.
- Saturday, Oct. 30: Kellypalooza benefiting Coosa Riverkepper @ Williams Farm, Ohatcha, AL. 12:30-11PM. $40-$100. Kids 12 + under – Free. Tickets.
- Sunday, Oct. 31: Carn-Evil Fest – A Teal Pumpkin Event @ Delta Blues Hot Tamales–Pelham. Noon-4PM.
- Sunday, Oct. 31: Animal Costume Contest benefiting Two by Two Rescue @ TrimTab Brewing Co. 1-4PM. Free.
- Sunday, Oct. 31: Halloween Club Ice & Trunk for Treat benefiting Junior Board Fun for a Salvation Army Angel Tree Child @ Pelham Civic Complex Ice Area. 2-3PM On Ice, 3-4PM Off Ice.
- Sunday, Oct. 31: Mystics of Mountain Brook Parade @ Crestline Village. 4PM. Free.
- Sunday, Oct. 31: 5th Annual Zombie Run @ Railroad Park. 7-9:30PM.
- Tuesday-Friday, Nov. 2-5: Dia de los Muertos @ Pepper Place. Tuesday-Thursday 5-9PM, Fri 5-10PM. $10.
- Wednesday-Sunday, Nov. 3-7: Christmas Village Festival @ The BJCC. Wednesday 9AM-4PM, Thursday-Saturday 9AM-7PM, Sunday 11AM-5PM. Adults – $12, Kids $5. Tickets.
- Thursday-Saturday, Nov. 4-6: Trussville’s Downtown Open House @ Local Merchants. 8AM-8PM. Free admission.
- Thursday, Nov. 4: Annual Chenoweth Lecture @ Birmingham Museum of Art. 6-7PM. Free.
- Thursday, Nov. 5: Homewood Holiday Open House @ Downtown Homewood. 5-8PM. Free.
- Friday, Nov. 5: Vulcan Run 10K with Birmingham Track Club @ 19th St at 7th Ave N, Birmingham. 8AM. $50. Register.
- Friday, Nov. 5: The Black Jacket Symphony perform Pearl Jam’s Ten + Nirvana’s Nevermind @ Avondale Brewing Co. 7:30PM. Price varies. Tickets.
- Friday-Saturay, Nov. 5-6: Spiffy’s Shopping Shindig @ Spiffy Design. Saturday – Noon-6PM, Sunday – 10AM-3PM. Free admission.
- Saturday, Nov. 6: Bark in the Park @ Veterans Park – Alabaster. 9AM-2PM. Free admission.
- Saturday-Sunday, Nov. 6-7: Moss Rock Festival @ Hoover Metropolitan Complex. Saturday, 10AM-5PM, Sunday 10AM-4PM. Advance – $10 (15 + under – FREE), At Gate – $12 (15 + under – FREE).
Deal of the Week
Grab deals on cleaning services from Sweeple with discount code BHMNOW2021. 🧹
Find more deals + add your own to our Small Business Guide.