Uptown Birmingham has everything you need for great family night, girls night or date night. With live entertainment, sports games and activities for everyone, you can plan the perfect night. Check out everything Uptown has to offer.
The best way to kick off a night out? With entertainment of course! Uptown Birmingham has multiple great options to start your night.
- Topgolf: After a trip to Topgolf, you’ll never want to go mini golfing again. Topgolf has state of the art technology that tracks the accuracy and distance of each shot with microchipped golf balls. The game is great for all skill levels so don’t be afraid if you’re an amateur golfer.
- BJCC: The BJCC is the heart of live entertainment in Birmingham. Throughout the years the Birmingham Jefferson Convention Center has held concerts with artists such as Elvis and Rihanna, Lego conventions, the Southern Women’s Show and even monster truck rallies. This winter, Birmingham Squadron will call the BJCC’s Legacy Arena home and the newly built Protective Stadium is the new home of UAB Football.
- Alabama Sports Hall of Fame: Take a trip down memory lane at the Alabama Sports Hall of Fame. Here you can find memorabilia of iconic coaches and athletes such as Bobby Bowden, Bear Bryant, Mia Hamm and Terrell Owens.
Dining and drinks
After golfing, catching a concert or cheering your heart out at a game, its time to grub. Luckily Uptown has plenty of options.
- Eugene’s Hot Chicken: Eugene’s serves up Nashville-style hot chicken and an array of delicious sides. Don’t worry if you’re not a fan of heat, the Southern and Lemon Pepper flavors aren’t hot but still pack plenty of juicy flavor.
- Your Pie: This is the place for pizza lovers. Your Pie takes made from scratch, hand tossed dough and stacks it with toppings of your choice. Want a veggie pizza while your friend wants all the meats? No problem. At Your Pie, it truly is your pie.
- The Southern Kitchen & Bar: Southern Kitchen takes the southern cusinine you know and love and combines it with the social atmosphere you can only find Uptown. Dishes kinclude Shrimp and Grits, Southern Stir Fry, Fried Green Tomatoes and much more.
- Mugshots Bar and Grill: If you’re a burger lover, Mugshots will become you’re second home. They have a wide range of funky named burgers such as Da Big Kahuna, Gamble and Cliff’s Comeback Burger. My personal favorite is Stu’s Magic Mushroom burger with swiss cheese, sauteed mushrooms and added bacon.
- Texas de Brazil: This one’s for the steak fans. Texas de Brazil is a Brazilian steak house with all you can eat meat, a chef-crafted salad bar and a variety of authentic Brazilian dishes. Here, you can have bacon wrapped filet migon, lamb chops, parmesean-crusted pork loin, or one of their other 13 meats.
- Todd English P.U.B.: After dinner, next comes drinks. Todd English P.U.B. has over 100 premium beers in addition to their menu of American comfort foods. Head there to watch games on the big screens then hangout on the patio that lets you take in all of Uptown.
Remember when we said Uptown has great entertainment spots? Well, here are some events for this month.
- Magic City Music Festival will be help October 29 at the BJCC Concert Hall.
- Alton Brown comes to town Saturday October 30 and hits the BJCC Concert Hall stage at 8 PM.
- On November 10, Rain – A Tribute To The Beatles Presented By Broadway in Birmingham will make you twist and shout.
- Finally, Greg Gutfield takes over the BJCC on Saturday November 13.
Have you planned your perfect night in Uptown? Let us know @BhamNow