We live for the National food holidays at Bham Now. Since Sunday, October 17th is National Pasta Day, we’ve gathered all of our favorite spots to get pasta in The Magic City. Read more to find out which dishes to try.
1. Gianmarco’s Restaurant
Opened in 2003 by a father and his sons, Gianmarco’s has become one of Homewood’s fave pasta spots. Because of the pandemic, they accept reservations. Don’t forget to call again early, since they book up quickly!
Try our favorite dish: Penne Vodka. Made with pancetta, mushrooms and peas, this dish will make you say Mamma Mia.
- Gianmarco’s Restaurant: Website
- Hours: Monday, Tuesday and Saturday 5-10PM | Wednesday-Friday 11AM-2PM, 5-10PM
- Location: 721 Broadway St, Birmingham, AL
2. Giuseppe’s Cafe
Hidden away past UAB is Giuseppe’s. Looking for something less formal? Then this is one of the best places for laid-back Italian dining. In fact, Giuseppe’s is considered “Alabama’s best kept secret.”
While you’re there, try their well-known lasagna. It’s a must-try for National Pasta Day.
- Giuseppe’s Cafe: Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Hours: Monday-Friday 11AM-9PM | Saturday 4-9PM
- Location: 925 8th St S, Birmingham, AL
3. Bocca Ristorante
Many have claimed Bocca as one the best fine dining restaurants in Bham. Don’t believe me? Then try their pan seared halibut—made with fennel potato purée and lemon. It’s so tasty, you’ll wish they made more servings!
Reservations are required. So don’t forget to call or visit their website. They also offer carry out and curbside delivery.
- Bocca Ristorante: Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Hours: Tuesday-Thursday 5-9PM | Friday-Saturday 5-10PM
- Location: 2312 2nd Ave N, Birmingham, AL
4. Ruscelli’s Food Truck at Mojo Pub
Who doesn’t love a food truck and pasta? Located in Lakeview, you’ll find some of the most creative dishes in Bham at this food truck!
You should def try the besto pesto—it’s pasta with bacon. Delish!
- Ruscelli’s Food Truck at Mojo Pub: Facebook | Instagram
- Hours: Tuesday–Saturday 10PM-2AM
- Location: 2801 7th Ave S, Birmingham, AL
5. Bongiorno Italian Restaurant
Located in Crestline Village, Bongiorno takes you straight to Italy without ever jumping on a plane. Did you know it was founded in 1988? Magnifico!
My favorite time is to go during lunch and getting some classico pasta. You can never go wrong with baked spaghetti.
- Bongiorno: Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 5-9PM | Friday- Saturday 5-10PM
- Location: 68 Church St, Mountain Brook, AL
Did we miss your favorite Italian restaurant? Let us know @bhamnow.