FREE cooking classes are coming to Railroad Park on Sunday, August 29 and Sunday, September 26, thanks to the generosity of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama. Free demos on healthy, tasty recipes? We’re listening…
Free cooking classes at Railroad Park:
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama brings back their popular outdoor cooking classes, and we’re sharing everything you need to know:
- When: 3:30PM on Sunday, August 29 and Sunday, September 26
- Where: Railroad Park, Regions Bank 17th Street Plaza
- Your host: Ama Shambulia, local chef
- Register: Online (strongly encouraged) to confirm your spot. The first 100 attendees to register receive a special gift! In-person registration is also available 30 minutes prior.
What are we making?
We got a sneak peek at Chef Ama’s menu, and it is looking pretty tasty. Featuring nutrient-dense, fresh ingredients, these dishes will make you rethink how to salad.
Here’s what’s on the menu for Sunday, August 29:
- Quinoa Salad: with quinoa (that’s “KEEN-waa”), Bragg’s liquid aminos, carrots, celery, shallot, parsley and sun-dried tomatoes
- Ama’s Amazing Avocado Salad: features avocado, shallot, basil, dill, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper
“I am delighted to be returning for my sixth year as an instructor at Get Healthy on the Railroad. This program is so important for our community and supports my mission in educating others to ‘live life beautifully’ through the healing power of food.”Chef Ama Shambulia, A Beautiful Life Enterprises, LLC
What’s even better than free cooking classes? Free groceries!
If you’re one of the first 100 attendees to register, you’ll receive a special gift—a bag of fresh produce to recreate the delicious recipes at home!
You snooze, you lose, so don’t miss out on this opportunity to get your hands on some fresh (and free) goodies.
Railroad Park has implemented a number of safety measures to keep everyone safe during the event, including:
- Masks will be required at this event and will be provided if needed.
- Chairs will be spaced out to allow for social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
Free cooking classes join the impressive lineup at Railroad Park:
Railroad Park is a Birmingham favorite, and these classes join an impressive lineup of events happening there.
The park is also offering a variety of FREE workout classes Monday-Friday, sponsored by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama. It’s easier than ever to stay healthy this summer.
Ready to learn some new healthy recipes? We’ll catch you at Railroad Park!