Read Time 3 Minutes
Forks up, Birmingham, it’s time to dine for a great cause. Dining Out For Life® benefiting AIDS Alabama is back for its 12th annual event on Thursday, August 19. If you’re a local foodie who loves to give back, read on to discover 27 restaurants across the Greater Birmingham Area participating in the event and how you can, too. Plus, don’t miss Rise ‘n Drag Benefit Drag Brunch at Black Market Bar & Grill on Saturday, August 14, which also supports AIDS Alabama
How does it work?
It’s simple. On Thursday, August 19, dine at one—or more—local restaurants participating in Dining Out For Life.
Restaurants donate a portion of funds raised on this special day to AIDS Alabama, so they can continue rocking their mission of providing help and hope to people living with or impacted by HIV/AIDS.
We know the pandemic is still not over. We also know just how hard it’s been on Birmingham nonprofits and restaurants. If you’re shying away from eat-in dining establishments, you can still show your love for AIDS Alabama—and local eateries—by grabbing your meal to go.
Now, on to the restaurants!
From 5 Points South to Hoover, restaurants across the Greater Birmingham Area are showing their support for AIDS Alabama by participating in Dining Out For Life on Thursday, August 19.
Here’s who’s on the list:
- Bamboo on 2nd
- Brick & Tin
- Carrigan’s Public House
- El Barrio Restaurante Y Bar
- Paramount Bar
- Yo’ Mama’s Restaurant
5 Points South
Mountain Brook Village
For the full list of restaurants and discounts being offered during Dining Out For Life on Thursday, August 19, click here.
An extra serving of awesome
Psst! Did you know Dining Out For Life coincides with Birmingham Restaurant Week? This means you can support two premier foodie events in The Magic City at once.
Here’s a look at which restaurants are taking part in both events:
- 5 Point Public House and Oyster Bar
- FILTER-Coffee Parlor
- Sol Y Luna Tapas & Tequilas
- Slice Pizza & Brew
- Vino & Gallery Bar
About AIDS Alabama
Wondering why you should support AIDS Alabama? Here are some of the amazing ways they help those in the Birmingham community and across the state:
- Their mission is to help people with HIV/AIDS live healthy, independent lives and work to prevent the spread of HIV.
- They provide housing assistance, case management, transportation, support groups, mental health, substance abuse services and peer support for those living with HIV or at risk for getting HIV.
- They provide advocacy training so Alabamians living with HIV and the people that love them can better understand how legislation directly affects their health and well-being.
- They offer free and confidential rapid HIV and Hepatitis C testing. Learn more about El Centro/The Hub and its impact on the Greater Birmingham Area.
Want to help AIDS Alabama and their mission to end HIV? Donate here.
You don’t have to DRAG me to brunch
AIDS Alabama hosts their very first Rise ‘n Drag Benefit Drag Brunch on Saturday, August 14 at Black Market Bar & Grill in Five Points South. Expect The Magic City’s most fabulous drag queens, delicious food and specials on mimosas. Doors open at 11AM; show begins at Noon. Don’t drag around—limited reserved tickets are available for $20 and General Admission is $15.
® = Registered trademark of Dining Out For Life International