Read Time 1 Minutes
The 23rd annual Sidewalk Film Festivalis almost here, and the festival just announced its opening & closing night showings. Keep reading for all the details!
The festival is almost here
Sidewalk Film Festival is a celebration of cinema, showcasing movies from filmmakers in Birmingham and beyond. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Grand River Drive-In hosted the 2020 festival—now, the Film Festival is returning to its roots in downtown Birmingham.
This festival creates a unique, interactive experience for their viewers. Therefore, this year’s event may rise to the top with additional events like special roundtables and panels built around beloved, timely classics.
Here is this year’s line up
As tradition, Sidewalk Film Festival will host nightly themed spotlights leading up to the big weekend for the Sidewalk Film fans.
The weekend’s line-up includes:
- Jeff Daniels’ Television Event (opening night screening)
- Jim Cummings and PJ McCabe’s The Beta Test (closing night screening)
- Steven Soderbergh’s Contagion
- John Heyn and Jeff Krulik’s Heavy Metal Parking Lot
- Ridley Scott’s Thelma & Louise
- Chris Columbus’ Mrs. Doubtfire
- Mike Plante and Jaosn Willis’ We Were There to Be There
- John Heyn and Jeff Krulik’s Blondie: Vivir En La Habana
In addition, according to Rachel Morgan, the Creative Director for Sidewalk Film Festival, there are a lot of surprises planned for the long weekend!
The presentations will range from classic films, as well as, short films, documentaries and even a program of films with Alabama as the central theme and focus—they were even produced in the state.