Read Time 2 Minutes
The world’s greatest wakeboarders come to Birmingham in July, and you can watch them compete for free. Find out what to expect from the Pro Wake Tour and see them hit the waves at Oak Mountain State Park on Saturday, July 10, 2021.
The internationally recognized Pro Wake Tour has a stop in the Magic City
The Pro Wake Tour Powered by Supra Boats is the most popular and longest-running professional wakeboard circuit in the world. Top athletes from the US, Europe, Australia, Canada and other countries will make their way to Oak Mountain State Park to get in on the action.
So how do these top wakeboarders qualify? This year, competitors got a chance to qualify for the Tour digitally by riding at their home lake behind their own boat. The top 16 pro wakeboarders qualify to compete for the championship.
- When: Saturday, July 10, 2021, 10AM—4:30PM
- Where: Oak Mountain State Park, 200 Terrace Dr, Pelham, AL 35124
- Price: The event is FREE | Admission to Oak Mountain State Park is $5
What you can expect at Oak Mountain State Park
Oak Mountain State Park is Alabama’s largest state park, and it’s the perfect spot for competitions—from mountain biking races to the upcoming Pro Wake Tour.
“The size of the park, the beauty of the park, the quality of the lake as a calm venue and the potential to draw a ton of spectators were all big considerations in selecting this venue.”Bill McCaffray, Pro Wake Tour
Here’s a look at what you can expect at the event:
Friday, July 9:
- 4-5PM: Jr. Pro Semi-Finals
Saturday, July 10:
- 9AM: Pro Wakesurf Semi-Finals
- 10AM: Pro Wakeboarding Quarter Finals
- 12PM: Jr. Pro Wakeboarding Finals
- 1PM: Pro Wakeboarding Semi-Finals Heat #1
- 1:30PM: Pro Wakeboarding Semi-Finals Heat #2
- 2:15PM: Pro Wakeboarding Finals
- 3:30PM: Awards
Along with watching the wakeboarders dominate, there will be food trucks and fun giveaways. The organizers behind the event expect up to 2000 spectators.