Read Time 2 Minutes
Time to hire a baker because this summer is about to be filled with batter after batter. The Birmingham Barons released their full 2021 schedule, which begins Tuesday, May 4, and concludes Sunday, September 19. PLUS, see what else is happening on and off the field this spring.
Call us angels
Because we’re filled with team spirit. The Barons open the season with a six-game series against the Biloxi Shuckers.
The season opener represents Birmingham’s first time since 2015 in which its home opener has doubled as the season opener. We guess 2020 isn’t the only year to steal all the “firsts.”
But what’s baseball without ballpark food? Grab your (home) plates and load up on deals throughout the season. Barons fans can expect weekly promos like Dollar Hot Dog Night on Tuesdays, Wet Nose Wednesdays and Thirsty Thursdays.
More than peanuts and Cracker Jack ⚾️
I’ll take a glass of wine over a box of Cracker Jack any day and now I can during Thirsty Thursdays at Regions Field. The venue is knocking it out of the park with tons of fun April events.
Thirsty Thursdays & Barons Bingo
- What: Each Thursday night get in on drink deals like $2 domestic beer, $3 wine and $5 craft beer. You can also participate in Bingo and Trivia during the same nights starting at 6:30PM.
- When: Thursdays, April 1, 8, 15, 22
- Time: 5-9:30PM
Babe Ruff’s Saturday Cinema
- What: Catch “The Goonies” and “The Rookie” from the field or watch in the seating bowl. Buy tickets now.
- When: Saturdays, April 3 + April 10
- Time: 7:15PM
- What: Clubhouse tours, catch on the field, open batting cages, kids run the bases, entertainment, and more.
- When: Saturday, April 10
- Time: 3-6PM
A star-spangled banner year for talent
Think your voice has some Lady Gaga level range? Now’s your chance to sing the national anthem at a 2021 Barons game.
Submit a virtual audition in four steps.👇
- Go to barons.com
- Click the “Community” tab
- Click on “Fan Zone”
- Click on “Anthem Auditions”
Work hard, play hard
If you never want to end the fun, consider applying for a job with The Barons. The team is hiring for the 2021 season in food & beverage, tickets, promotions/marketing, customer service and operations departments.
Practice your interview skills for curveball questions and see a full list of open positions here.
Two ways to apply:
- Come out to the Job Fair next Saturday, April 3 from 3PM-6PM at Regions Field
- Go to teamworkonline.com and search “Birmingham Barons” to apply today