Here is the 4-1-1.
Celebrate Earth Week
We can’t think of a better way to celebrate Earth Week (remember Earth Day is April 22) this year than properly disposing and recycling hazardous materials.
The Date: Saturday, April 24 – 8:00a.m. to 11:30a.m (or when they reach capacity – get there early!)
3 places across the County! They include:
- First Baptist Gardendale South – 940 Main Street, Gardendale 35071
- Classic Car Motoring – 3900 Grants Mill Road, Irondale, 35210
- City of Bessemer Laydown Yard – 1205 15 Ave. N., Bessemer, 35020
Safety First: We are still in the midst of the Covid-19 Pandemic. Participants bringing items will need to remain in their vehicles with the windows up. Place items to be unloaded in the back of the vehicle, preferably the trunk, pick-up or on a utility trailer.
- Ammunition – Batteries (household, car, rechargeable)
- Electronics (including televisions and CRT monitors)
- Household cooking oil and grease (new and used)
- Light bulbs -Paint (latex, oil, stains, solvents)
- Paper shredding -Yard chemicals (pesticides, fertilizers, herbicides)
- Prescription drugs and expired over the counter meds
- Tires (limit 8 – no rims)
- White goods (large appliances, grills, lawn mowers, etc.)
- Vehicle fluids (antifreeze, gasoline, oil)
Call Jefferson County Stormwater Program at 205-325-8741.