First things first—the time change is here! Prepare to be dazed and confused for the next few weeks by the ever-long days because Sunday at 2AM we can finally SPRING FORWARD. All I can say is bring. it. on! 🎉 Now that I’ve got you pumped, scroll on for even more weekend entertainment in Birmingham, March 12-14. Psst! It includes PIE! 🤩
This Weekend in the Magic City
🏠 Friday, March 12-14 and on: Want a house that welcomes you with its friendly exterior? These new listings around Birmingham are rockin’ that curb appeal.
🎵 Friday, March 12 at 9PM, enjoy St. Paul and the Broken Bones via a livestream event at The Alabama Theatre. The band will perform their 2016 release “Sea of Noise”. Catch the show on demand for a limited time following the initial stream. $14.99. Tickets.
☘️ Saturday, March 13, channel your inner leprechaun and head to The HIVE & Unplugged Bar in 5 Points South for the St. Patty’s Day STOMP. There will be lots of green drinks, 90s jams, bowling + more. 11AM-’til the fun stops. Admission is FREE.
🍕 Saturday, March 13 from 6-10PM head to Grub on the Lot: A Crazy Food Truck Party at Urban Supply for food, music, dancing, shopping and more. Admission is FREE. To ensure social distancing, sign up here for a specific time slot. Sponsored by Urban Supply
🕒 Sunday, March 14 at 2AM Daylight Saving Time begins. So spring FORWARD and set those clocks ahead an hour.
🥧 Sunday, March 14 isNational Pi Day. While some may be all about the 3.14… I’m all about the P.I.E.From cherry to coconut cream, grab a slice from these popular pie spots in Birmingham. Warning: you’ll want to eat the whole pie.
For even more going on this weekend + some fun scooter action, check out Now the Weekend—Video Edition.
A few more before you go
- Fri-Sun, March 12-14: 5th Annual Tulip Festival @ American Village in Montevallo. Fri-Sat, 10AM-4PM | Sun, Noon-4PM. $5. Veterans + kids 4 and under get FREE admission.
- Saturday, March 13: 9th Annual Oak Mountain Color Run benefiting O’Neal Comprehensive Cancer Research Center @ Oak Mountain State Park. 8AM-Noon. $15+. Sign up.
- Saturday, March 13: The Original Cahaba Brewing Co ShamRock @ Cahaba Brewing Co. Noon-10PM.
- Saturday, March 13: Outdoor Vintage Market @ Mom’s Basement. Noon.
Have a COVID-safe event you’d like to promote? Add it to our event database!
In case you missed it…
- Interested in AI (artificial intelligence)? Check out this yellow robot named Benji.
- Birmingham Museum of Art’s 4th installment of the series, Ways of Seeing: Buildings and Monuments examines how the built environment inspires everyday action. Find out why it’s enticing us. Sponsored by Birmingham Museum of Art
- The iconic A.G. Gaston Motel now shines its lights after a March 10 ceremony in Birmingham’s Civil Rights District that marked the completion of the historic site’s Phase 1 restoration. View it here.
Seeking information on the COVID-19 vaccine and where to sign up to get it, here are some websites to check out:
- Alabama Department of Public Health Eligibility + RegistrationWest Alabama
- COVID 19 information group
- COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics in AL
That beach bod won’t happen on its own. But maybe these 3 deals will work some magic:
- CORE, Pilates Cycling & BootCamp: Call to get your first class FREE.
- Sparrow Health & Performance: Get a FREE consultation by phone or in person.
- Studio Steel: Grab the new student special—3 classes for $50 (single class price $25).