The Super Bowl is happening February 7th which is right around the corner. Whether your team made it or not, we all know the spotlight is really on the food. Before you order the same old spread as past years, check out a handful of Birmingham spots helping you homegate like a pro.
First things first—small bites + appetizers
Whether you’re completely committed to the game and tend to snack when you’re nervous or don’t care at all and are just there for the food, these Birmingham spots are serving up the small bites that pack a big punch.
Avondale Common House
- What: Loaded Totchos (crispy tots, bacon, green onion, queso and sour cream)
- Location: 4100 3rd Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35222
- What: House-made chicharrones cooked with chili, lime seasoning and fresh pico de gallo
- Location: 4105 Crosshaven Dr, Vestavia Hills, AL 35243
Bobby Carl’s Table
- What: Conecuh Corn Dogs
- Location: 2031 Cahaba Rd, Mountain Brook, AL 35213
You’re going to need to wash that down with your favorite local beer
As soon as kick-off happens, it’s time to pour a cold one. Head to your favorite local brewery to stock up before the game because it just wouldn’t be a homegate without a good brew.
Beer Hog’s main focus is local craft brews. In their retail store, they carry over 300 additional varieties of beer from all over the world that you can take home in either cans or bottles.
- Location: 112 Bowling Ln, Pelham, AL 35124
Hop City Birmingham
Hop City is what I’d like to consider the mecca of local beers and wine. Find your favorite brew and they’ll have your growler ready to take home.
- Location: 2924 3rd Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35233
Back 40 Brewing Co.
Want a growler, but don’t want to take off your pajamas? Back 40 Brewing will bring as many growlers as you need for the big game right up to your window. Just make sure to have your I.D. ready.
- Location: 3201 1st Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35222
Moving right along to my personal favorite—wings. Whether you like ’em mild, spicy, dry or dripping in sauce, these places know a thing or two about making great wings.
- What: Wings with white BBQ sauce
- Location: Southside | Homewood | Saw’s Juke Joint—Crestline | Saw’s Soul Kitchen—Avondale
- What: Fire baked wings marinated, grilled and finished in the oven in a cast iron skillet until crisp + served with ranch or blue cheese dressing
- Location: 725 29th St S, Birmingham, AL 35233 | 3104 Timberlake Dr, Vestavia Hills, AL 35243
EZ Street Wings
- What: 50 piece wings with your choice of flavors
- Location: 5005 Jefferson Ave SW, Birmingham, AL 35221
Ribs because BBQ is always a touchdown
Bob Sykes Bar-B-Q
- Location: 1724 9th Ave N, Bessemer, AL 35020
- Location: 1427 14th Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35205 | 101 Inverness Cors, Meadowbrook, AL 35242
Miss Myra’s Pit Bar B Q
- Location: 3278 Cahaba Heights Rd, Birmingham, AL 35243
For those who want a ~pizza~ the action
Iron City Pizza
- What: The Vulcan Veggie piled high with onions, mushrooms, baby tomatoes, olives, eggplant, peppers, basil and olive oil drizzle
- Location: 2012 Magnolia Ave S r3, Birmingham, AL 35205
- What: Cacio e Pepe pizza (Finocchiona, cacio di roma cheese, arugula and black pepper)
- Location: 600 Oak Grove Rd, Homewood, AL 35209
Pazzo Big Slice Pizza
- What: A giant cheese pizza
- Location: 1678 Montgomery Hwy, Hoover, AL 35216
We ❤️ local and want to support you. If you own a local business, please add your information to our local business or our nonprofit directory. It's where we will look first for up-to-date and relevant information on how the Birmingham community can support you right now.