Read Time 3 Minutes
Looking for ways to give back this holiday season? Consider giving to Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama. The work they do for families in need is so important, and they need your help to continue to #KeepFamiliesClose and provide a home when they need it most. Here are three ways to give right now:
1. Shop their Holiday Wish List
RMHCA has updated their 2020 Holiday Wish List with items they currently need to provide for their guest families. The list includes items like paper plates, sponges, laundry detergent, garbage bags, batteries and more. You can view the full list on their site.
Here are a couple of ways to shop their wish list:
- Shop locally from your preferred grocery or retail store and drop the items off at the house—no appointment necessary. Their address is 1700 4th Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35233.
- Or shop their Amazon Wish List and have the items sent directly to RMHCA.
Bonus: If you shop their Amazon Wish List through Amazon Smile, Amazon will donate a portion of your purchase total to RMHCA! Just be sure to mark the item as a gift and include your name so they can acknowledge your donation.
2. Provide a warm meal for families
Due to Covid-19, RMHCA had to temporarily suspend individual volunteers and volunteer groups, including those for their meal program, earlier this year. While volunteers aren’t able to prepare meals from inside the house, there are still ways to ensure guest families get a hot meal each night. Here’s how you can help:
- Visit their site to view their meal calendar and look for meals marked “OPEN” to find an available date.
- Browse their list of Catering Partners to find local restaurants that are familiar with their meal program. A few of RMHCA’s parnters include:
- Ashley Mac’s
- Hattie B’s
- Dreamland BBQ
- Email their Meals/Family Room Manager, Lisa VanZandt, at Lisa.VanZandt@rmhca.org to coordinate your delivery date.
*Note: If you’ve never provided a meal before, you’ll need to complete their meal application.
3. Donate directly to RMHCA
The best way to give to the house this holiday season is simply by donating. No matter how small, every bit makes a difference for families in need. You can donate in one of two ways:
- Give a one-time gift of any amount
- Or become a House Hero and sign up for a recurring donation monthly
Not able to donate at the moment? That’s okay. Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama’s need for donations won’t end after the holidays. Bookmark this page to come back to in the new year.
For more ways to give, visit their site. If you have any questions about donating, give them a call, and follow them on social at @rmhcalabama on Instagram and Facebook for more updates.
More on RMHCA and La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries of Birmingham
La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries of Birmingham has partnered with the Ronald McDonald House nationally for 10 years, and locally for 6 years. Over the last 6 years, Curt Morris and his team at La-Z-Boy in Birmingham have served countless family meals, donated over $50,000 worth of furnishings and continue to show up and support RMHCA any way they can. For Curt Morris, owner of La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries in Birmingham, it’s all about providing peace and comfort to families during their stay.