This holiday season, preparing a huge Christmas or New Year’s Eve dinner might be the last thing on your mind. Luckily, you can make that process easier & support local businesses by checking out these holiday meals from 7 local restaurants.
Helen, the recently-opened restaurant/bar/grill in downtown Birmingham, is offering a delicious take-home meal this holiday season. For Christmas and New Year’s Eve, Helen has devised an all-encompassing holiday meal available for pickup:
- Smoked Prime Rib
- Twice Baked Potatoes
- Braised Button Mushrooms
- BBQ Green Beans
- Chopped Kale Salad
- Horseradish Sauce
- Angel Biscuits
You can call ahead at 205.438.7000 to learn more or place your order. The meal is $65/person and available for pickup Dec. 23rd and Dec. 30th.
2. Highlands Bar & Grill
Although Highlands Bar & Grill is temporarily closed, they aren’t going to leave us hanging this holiday season. The team has put together dinner for two & à la carte options for Christmas and New Year’s Eve, with plenty of items to choose from.
- Christmas Menu:
- Order now through Friday, 12/18 at 6PM (or until sold out).
- Pickup Wednesday, 12/23 from 11AM to 3PM.
- New Year’s Eve Menu:
- Order now through Monday, 12/28 at 6PM (or until sold out).
- Pickup Thursday, 12/31 from 11AM to 3PM.
To order, email your choices to email@example.com and be sure to include your phone number:
- Contact: 205.939.1400 | Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Address: 2011 11th Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35205
3. Bay Leaf Modern Indian Cuisine & Bar
Both the Five Points South location and the recently reimagined 280 location of Bay Leaf Indian Cuisine & Bar are offering a diverse holiday menu for their customers, from now until New Year’s Day. Choose from a variety of specials, such as:
- Holiday Fritters: Roasted shrimps in cheese marinade, garnished with mozzarella.
- Paner Pole Star: Grilled star-shaped succulent cottage cheese served with zesty plum sauce.
- Santa’s Chicken: Grilled airline chicken breast served with a nutty plum sauce.
- Christmas Plum Pie
- Contact: 205.777.3070 | Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Five Points South: 1024 20th St S Unit 101, Birmingham, AL 35205
- 280: 5426 US-280 Suite # 14, Birmingham, AL 35242
4. Ashley Mac’s
If you’re looking for a homemade feast, look no further that Ashley Mac’s Holiday Bundles. From now until Dec. 21st, you can pick up the Ashley Mac’s Holiday Bundle OR Breakfast Bundle, full of mouthwatering items. Here’s how:
- Visit this link to begin your online order.
- Next, input your address and choose the Ashley Mac’s location you would like to pick up from.
- Then, choose your pickup day and time.
- Finally, just complete your order by Dec. 21 at 3PM!
Ashley Mac’s is offering two bundles this holiday season:
- Breakfast Bundle | $59 (serves 6-8)
- Holiday Bundle | $115 (serves 6-8)
To learn all about Ashley Mac’s Holiday Bundles, click here to read our story! And that’s not all. Ashley Mac’s Holiday Gourmet To-Go Menu has something for everyone.
5. Meals by Misty
Between Dec. 17th and 24th, Trussville-base Meals by Misty has put together a delicious holiday menu, loaded with favorites like cornbread dressing, Boar’s Head Sweet Slice Uncured Ham and Red Velvet Trifle.
- Contact: 205.508.5993 | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
- Address: 108 Watterson Parkway, Trussville AL 35173
6. Satterfield’s Restaurant
Grab your holiday dinner to-go at Satterfield’s Restaurant in the heart of Cahaba Heights. Their Christmas feast ($120) serves four and is loaded with deliciousness. And for New Year’s Eve, their four-course meal ($75) is sure to be a hit.
Be sure to place your order online before 3PM on Dec. 19th, and remember to pick it up on Dec. 24th. Click here to view the New Year’s Eve menu at Satterfield’s Restaurant.
- Contact: 205.969.9690 | Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Address: 3161 Cahaba Heights Rd, Birmingham, AL 35243
7. Real & Rosemary
Real & Rosemary has a special Christmas feast lined up for their fans. From now until Dec. 24th, choose from a wide range of Christmas items such as Rosemary Ham, Sweet Potato Casserole (yum!), Cornbread Dressing and more. Click here to view the full menu.
Each meal will come chilled with instructions on how to heat. It’s Christmas made easy!
- Contact: Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Pintrest
- Address: 1922 29th Avenue South, Homewood, AL 35209 | 323 Summit Boulevard, Birmingham AL 35423