Wondering what Thanksgiving Day 2020 has to offer besides turkey? From restaurants to movie theaters, here’s your guide to what’s open on November 26 around Birmingham.
Want to shop Black Friday deals on Thanksgiving night? It will be a bit tricky this year. All major retail stores will be closed on Thanksgiving Day 2020. This includes Target, Walmart and Kohls. Also on the closed list are local shopping centers like The Summit, Brookwood Village and the Riverchase Galleria.
Happily, Black Friday deals are taking place throughout the whole holiday season this year due to COVID-19. Check here for deals.
We did happen to find one store that’s open on Thanksgiving Day, though. Bass Pro Shops anyone? Info on the Leeds location below:
National drug stores are one of the few places that often stay open on Thanksgiving Day. While many locations will remain open, not all will. Hours may differ depending on each location.
Pharmacies open on Thanksgiving Day are few and far between, so be sure to plan in advance for any prescription medications you can’t live without.
Here’s which drug stores are likely to be open nearby, but be sure to call in advance to double check before you go:
- CVS: Check store locations here
- Rite Aid: Check store locations here
- Walgreens: Check store locations here
Whether you forget that must-have ingredient to make your holiday dish or you simply need to fill your pantry, these grocery stores will be open on Thanksgiving Day 2020.
Address: 3100 Cahaba Village Plaza, Birmingham, AL 35243
We already shared with you the top places around Birmingham to get your Thanksgiving meal to go. But if you want to avoid your oven entirely this holiday, the following restaurants are offering dine-in services on Thanksgiving Day.
Metro Diner is open for dine-in and pickup on Thursday, November 26. Order from their full menu or opt for their Festive Holiday Diner ($14.99) that includes:
- Entree (Choose 1): Baked ham with cherry sauce or roasted turkey with cranberry sauce
- Sides: Creamy mashed potatoes + gravy, green beans, cornbread stuffing, a homemade biscuit
- Dessert: Slice of pumpkin pie
Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille
Thanksgiving Day at Perry’s includes a delicious holiday-inspired meal that features:
- Starter (Choose 1): Butternut Squash Soup or Honey Crisp Apple Salad with Dried Cherries, Walnuts + Maple Syrup Vinaigrette
- Entree: Smoked Turkey Breast with Pan Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Green Bean almandine, sausage + sage dressing, cranberry relish + homemade bread
- Dessert: Individual serving of pumpkin cheesecake (+ $8)
Price: $45 per person
Perry’s full menu will also be available for non-festive diners.
Dining with kids 12 years old and under? The Kids’ Thanksgiving meal includes an entree plate with sides.
Feeling seasonal food, but don’t want to cook? Reserve a table at Seasons 52. Here’s what’s on the restaurant’s 2020 Thanksgiving menu:
- Main Course: roasted ‘never ‘ever turkey with pan gravy, Yukon mashed potato, brioche + sage stuffing, green beans, mashed butternut squash, house-made cranberry relish
- Dessert: pumpkin pie mini indulgence
Ruth’s Chris Steak House
A three-course meal awaits you at Ruth’s Chris Steak House on Thanksgiving Day. Here’s what’s on the menu:
- Starter (Choose One): steak house salad, caesar salad or Louisiana seafood gumbo
- Main Course: Oven-roasted turkey breast with sausage and herb stuffing, homemade gravy and cranberry relish
- Sides (Choose 1): garlic mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green beans or creamed spinach
- Dessert: pumpkin cheesecake + vanilla ice cream
Price: $41.95 | Kids – $14.95
If there’s one restaurant you can count on to be open on Thanksgiving Day is Cracker Barrel—and this year is no different.
This ole’ standby will be open regular business hours and serving a traditional Thanksgiving meal along with their usual menu.
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Turkey and fixings? Ribeye or filet mignon? The choice is yours this November 26 when you dine in at Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar.
Here’s what to expect:
- 3-course menu with choice of herb-roasted turkey paired with all the fixings and dessert or Filet Mignon or Prime Bone-In Ribeye.
- Wine + cocktail specials
Fleming’s full menu will also be available all day.
Did that Thanksgiving turkey make you sleepy? Get your yawns out by venturing outside. Good news, these local parks are open on Thanksgiving Day.
Oak Mountain State Park
Address: 200 Terrace Dr, Pelham, AL 35124
Red Mountain Park
Address: 2011 Frankfurt Dr, Birmingham, AL 35211
Address: 4800 Valleydale Rd, Meadowbrook, AL 35242
Hours: Open 24 hours
Homewood Central Park
Address: 1632 Oxmoor Rd, Homewood, AL 35209
Wondering what to do after stuffing yourself with Thanksgiving eats? Movie theaters are one of the few spots typically open on Thanksgiving Day. Here’s where to catch a flick around Birmingham on November 26.