Wednesday, November 11th is Veterans Day. How do you plan to celebrate and honor the veterans or active military members in your life? Since Birmingham’s famous Veterans Day parade is going virtual, you’ll have some extra time to take advantage of some great deals.
🌟 Search over 600 local restaurants, bars and businesses offering deals, curbside delivery and more
➡️ Add Yours
1. Show your car some TLC
If you’re hitting the road this holiday season, make sure your car is ready for the journey. Express Oil Change is offering Veterans Day savings, including $10 off for veterans. Before you hop in the car, make sure to stop by one of their many locations around Birmingham to make sure everything is running and ready to go in your car.
2. Go wild at the Birmingham Zoo
The Birmingham Zoo is celebrating with not just one day, but 5 days dedicated to veterans. Veterans Week starts Wednesday, November 11 and the festivities will continue through November 15th. Veterans, active or retired military and dependents get free admission to the zoo. Just make sure you bring ID or proof of service and you’ll be able to enjoy your adventure.
3. Enjoy a night out at Perry’s Steakhouse
Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille is honoring veterans in a delicious way. On Wednesday, November 11, veterans and active military can stop by to enjoy a complimentary dinner on behalf of Perry’s. If you dine-in you’ll be able to grub on their delicious pork chop dinner. Here are the deets:
- Complimentary Perry’s Famous Pork Chop for dine-in only when accompanied by a guest(s) purchasing a dinner entree(s)
- WHEN: November 11 from 4PM-9PM
- Military ID + reservations required
4. Brush up on that swing at Highland Park Golf Course
Highland Park Golf Course is hosting a Veterans Day clinic that includes lessons with their PGA instructor and holiday-themed food and drinks. On November 11th from 12AM to 12PM, you’ll be able to brush up on your golfing skills and maybe play a round on one of Birmingham’s prettiest courses.
- Sign up by calling 205.322.1902 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Enjoy the fall leaves at one of Alabama’s state parks
Alabama State Parks honor military veterans every day of the year, but if you’re looking for a way to honor the veteran in your life, this would be a great excuse to enjoy some time outdoors. Veterans and active military get free admission to state parks that charge an entrance fee or day-use fee.
More Food Deals
We love supporting local whenever possible, but these restaurants are serving up deals that we couldn’t help, but include.
Jim ‘N Nick’s BBQ
- Available to: Veterans, non-active and active military
- Deal: Lunch is on them! Stop by for their original pork sandwich, fries and a drink.
- When: November 11th
- Available to: All active duty and retired U.S. military personnel
- Deal: Free meal for dine-in only
- When: November 11th from 3PM-6PM
Dunkin’ (previously known as Dunkin’ Donuts)
- Available to: Veterans + active military
- Deal: Free donut
- When: November 11th
Texas de Brazil
- Available to: All veterans
- Deal: 25% off regular dinner for dine-in only
- When: November 9 – November 12