Magic City Art Connection is joining Moss Rock Festival for a never-before-seen hybrid art event—MOSS MAGIC. Purchase tickets for the festival happening Saturday, November 7 through Sunday, November 8 in Birmingham.
1. MOSS MAGIC is a fusion of two groups of beloved artists 🎨
Much like everything else we’ve experienced in 2020, the concept of MOSS MAGIC is a first. The inaugural event mixes artists from Moss Rock Festival and Magic City Art Connection for a fall fusion not to be missed. FOMO is real.
“We look forward to bringing together the artists and audiences of Moss Rock Festival and Magic City Art Connection this November 7-8. This spring and fall festival artist mingling promises to be a unique moment for art lovers and collectors from each festival.”Alex Kunzman, Marketing Director
- What: MOSS MAGIC, a fusion art festival
- When: Saturday, November 7-Sunday, November 8
- Time: Saturday 10AM-5PM | Sunday 10AM-4PM
- Where: Hoover Metropolitan Complex, 100 Ben Chapman Dr, Hoover, AL 35244
- Advance Tickets | $10-15 | The Festival recommends purchasing tickets in advance for faster entry and contact-free admission.
Meet the 2020 MOSS MAGIC Featured Artist, Kimberly Paige
Kimberly Paige is a botanical watercolor artist based in Birmingham, AL. Her pieces highlight the natural patterns and elegant turns in each leaf she features on her canvases. Kimberly takes inspiration from the colors around her and Mother Nature to bring whimsical worlds to life. Learn more about her work and browse prints at this year’s festival.
2. The event has a few changes to keep everyone safe
“In extraordinary times like now, we need human experiences and places that bring us safely together. MOSS MAGIC hopes to offer one of those connective and reinvigorating moments in time for fans of both Moss Rock Festival and Magic City Art Connection.
People are definitely hungry for experiences like Moss Rock’s outdoor community festival. We have met this desire with positive, creative diligence and ingenuity in the face of the many challenges of 2020 for the entertainment, hospitality, non-profit and cultural sectors. We look forward to hosting a great weekend!”Eileen Kunzman, Founder and Director
Side x Side Artist Series featuring a Moss Rock Festival artist and Magic City Art Connection Artist
If you’re used to attending Moss Rock Festival, you’ll still find your favorite artists and features at the event. Whether it’s your first time, or you’re a seasoned veteran of the eco-creative weekend, here are a few changes to be aware of:
Venue + Parking
The 2020 festival will take place at the Hoover Metropolitan Complex. There will be no shuttle service like years past, but plenty of free parking is available on-site.
Beer Garden Trail 🍻
Usually, Moss Rock Festival features a craft beer tasting event. Since local breweries are currently equipped to handle social distancing guidelines, Moss Rock Festival’s usual model is being replaced with a Beer Garden Trail. Order tickets for the tasting crawl now through November 30.
New COVID-19 protocols and policies
In addition to a venue change and nixing shuttle service, additional safety measures are in place. Here are some to expect:
- Bring your mask—it’s required. Need one to fit the event? Here’s our latest roundup of where you can get fun + funky masks. You’ll also find some artist-designed masks from some of the exhibitors.
- Follow the one-way traffic directions as you peruse the exhibitor booths. They’ve put them nice + far apart from each other, so social distancing’s built-in.
- If you can buy a mobile ticket in advance or use a credit card to purchase at the gate, that’s optimal. They’d prefer no cash, but won’t say no if that’s all you’ve got.
- Make use of the hand sanitizing stations throughout the festival
Policy on pets
Your pooch is still allowed to browse fine art at MOSS MAGIC. Just make Fido is leashed and you’re prepared to clean up after them.
3. The same activities you ❤️ are back at MOSS MAGIC + more
Now let’s get to the fun part. MOSS MAGIC may be social distancing, but the programming and activities during these two days is jam-packed.
If farmers’ markets are one of your personality traits, you’ll love browsing the booths at the SmartLIVING Market. Find organic, locally-made and sustainable goods from local honey and preserves to cold-pressed soaps and essential oils to healthy dog treats and even a cat cafe.
Sweetery + Food trucks 🍰 🍔
You’ll need to fuel up to get through MOSS MAGIC’s sea of booths. Discover local caterers and food trucks such as Rendezvous Kitchen and Bollywood Curry House, formerly Hyderabad Dum Zone, then swing by the sweetery for treats from Over the Top Toffee and Nothing Bundt Cakes.
You won’t find a single bored kiddo in sight at the WonderKid Studios. Master Artists are bringing to life interactive art experiences for kids, both small and large scale, and inspired by nature, science and recycling.
The Neon Tower additive installation will be constructed by the accumulation of individually selected and painted objects creating a colossal, upcycled work bigger than big. What wide eyed fun!
4. If you can’t make it to MOSS MAGIC, you can still get in on the event
There’s more than just one weekend to discover incredible artists. Stay tuned, because after the festival MOSS MAGIC will launch a virtual marketplace.
From Monday, November 9 through Monday, November 16, shop products and art from tons of online vendors. The market will include MOSS MAGIC artists and SmartLIVING Market vendors.
5. You can get involved NOW
If you’re like me and can’t wait for the festival, here are three ways you can get in on the fun right now:
- Enter giveaways to win a $1200 getaway to Pursell Farms Resort.
- Add a MOSS MAGIC Facebook frame to your profile pic.
- Our city continues to thrive thanks to creative ventures like MOSS MAGIC. Donate today to ensure the Magic City’s creative wheel never stops turning.
Purchase tickets for MOSS MAGIC taking place November 7-8 at the Hoover Metropolitan Complex. Don’t forget to follow @mossrockfest and @magiccitytartconnection on Instagram for updates and info about the event.