The best time to wear a *fall* sweater is all the time. We’ve rounded up 5 local spots to find the perfect autumn knits in Birmingham. Spoiler alert: Things are about to get cozy.
basic.’s sweater selection does not disappoint. Cardigans, turtlenecks and tunics—there’s a little bit of everything. Price-wise, purchasing a new sweater here might be a splurge, but you can rest easy knowing it’s sustainable AND you’re supporting a local business. Bonus: basic. is donating $5 of every purchase to The Human Rights watch and Southern Poverty Law Center.
- Address: 2026 Morris Ave, Birmingham, AL 35203
- Hours: Wed-Fri 11AM-6PM | Sat + Sun 10AM-2PM
- 205.290.5778| Website | Instagram | Facebook
2. Gus Mayer
If you’re on the hunt for a bold fall sweater, swing by Gus Mayer at The Summit. Think fun colors, cozy textures, and unique styles. They also have plenty of neutral, everyday options as well. Shop some of their selection online here.
- Address: 225 Summit Blvd #700, Birmingham, AL 35243
- Hours: Mon-Sat 10AM-5PM | Sun 12-5PM
- 205.870.3300| Website | Instagram | Facebook
3. Soca Clothing
We’re loving all the ~fall vibes~ we’re getting from Soca’s sweater collection. You can’t go wrong with a good burnt orange or warm red for autumn. Check out their online options, or visit the shop in Homewood.
- Address: 2824 18th St S, Homewood, AL 35209
- Hours: Mon-Sat 10AM-6PM | Closed Sunday
- 205.879.6788| Website | Instagram | Facebook
4. Molly Green
Molly Green’s sweater selection is next level. They hit all the trends—oversized, cropped, fun prints, and fuzzy materials. Plus, they are all super affordable. Visit them at The Summit or browse their online selection here.
- Address: 214 Summit Blvd, Ste 450, Birmingham, AL 35243
- Hours: Mon-Sat 10AM-9PM | Sun 12-6PM
- 205.969.5883| Website | Instagram | Facebook
5. Fab’rik Birmingham
Fab’rik is killing the fall knit game. They have a mix of classic and trendy styles, including tie-dye tops, striped sweaters and even furry sleeved knits. Check out their collection online or at one of their two Birmingham locations in Homewood or at The Summit.
- Address: 250 Summit Blvd, Suite 104, Birmingham, AL 35243
- Hours: Mon-Sat 10-6 | Sun 12-5
- 205.969.9550| Website | Instagram | Facebook