Read Time 1 Minutes
Things get prickly this fall as Birmingham Children’s Theatre kicks off the season with FREE outdoor and virtual productions. Check out their upcoming performance, The Girl Who Swallowed a Cactus at Avondale Park Amphitheater October 17-18.
About the Story
Written by Eric Coble, directed by Alex Ungerman and featuring Rebecca Yeager, The Girl Who Swallowed a Cactus follows along with a girl named Sheila and her friends during summer. To beat the heat, the gang comes up with a plan to make the best for ever. But when a clever coyote shows up and sends the friends on a challenging adventure, the story takes a unique turn.
Catch a Show
Where: Avondale Park (Amphitheater). 4101 5th Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35222
When: Saturday, October 17, 10AM & Noon | Sunday, October 18, Noon & 2PM
RSVP to attend
Virtual Public Performance
When: Saturday, October 24, 10AM
Price: Pay what you can. Price starts as low as $5.
Social Distancing and Other Rules in Effect
To keep everyone safe during the public outdoor performances happening October 17-18, safety measures will be in place. Here’s what to know before you go:
- Though tickets are free, audience members must reserve tickets in advance and show ticket confirmation (digital or printed) upon arrival.
- Family members will be seated together with 6 ft. of separation between families.
- Masks are required for all audience members ages 6 and older.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the event area.
- Seating will be on the ground, so consider bringing blankets or chairs.
- No snacks will be sold at the event, but food is allowed if you’d like to bring your own to enjoy during the performance.