Read Time 1 Minutes
Accolades are in order! Birmingham’s Princeton Baptist Medical Center lands on Newsweek’s 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals in the nation.
Excellence in Care
To create the list, Newsweek partnered with The Leapfrog Group, a national nonprofit organization that reports on the safety and quality performance of US health care facilities.
The list recognizes facilities that have excelled in providing care to mothers, newborns and their families. But what makes a hospital excellent in maternity care?
According to a Leapfrog Maternity Care Expert Panel who worked with Newsweek when creating the list, a hospital meets these standards when:
- It has low rates of c-section, episiotomy and early elective deliveries.
- It follows crucial protocols to protect mothers and babies.
“Best Maternity Care Hospitals are an elite group of hospitals from across the country. These facilities are to be commended for the care they provide to women and families and for giving babies a strong start to life.”Nancy Cooper, Editor in Chief, Newsweek
Why choose Princeton Baptist Medical Center?
If you’re considering starting or expanding your family, Princeton Baptist Medical Center offers comprehensive obstetrics and neonatal care in a number of areas, including:
- Knowledgeable and caring nurses and staff
- Certified nurse-midwives
- Birth Navigator sessions to help mom and dad on their journey to parenthood
- Skin-to-skin contact immediately after delivery, if desired
- Breastfeeding support with a certified lactation consultant on staff
Who else made Newsweek’s list for Best Maternity Care Centers? View the full list.