Read Time 1 Minutes
As schools and their students get used to education from home, it’s important to remember that some students do not have access to WiFi at home. That’s why the University of Alabama at Birmingham and Birmingham City Schools have teamed up to help provide free “drive-in” WiFi to students.
- Location: UAB Express Lot Four, 898-998 5th Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35233
- Hours: 6AM to 10PM, Monday—Friday
In order to use the free drive-in Wifi, students need to drive to UAB Express Lot Four, and park at least every other space to maintain social distancing guidelines. However, keep in mind that there are no public restrooms on site, and limited trash receptacles. Be sure to stay in your car to social distance.
UAB students and employees can log into the Eduroam network with their BlazerID email address and password, while K-12 students throughout Birmingham can log into the UABStartHere network.
- How to connect:
- Open a web browser on your device and navigate to any URL or webpage. You will be redirected to a page with Wi-Fi options.
- Select “Register for Guest Access.”
- On the next window, click “Log In” and you will be connected to the network.
In addition to offering their own drive-in WiFi location, UAB has launched a webpage to highlight free WiFi access points throughout Birmingham. However, some of these locations may not be available due to the statewide Alabama order suspending certain public gatherings.