One week of quarantine down! No idea of how many to go. Now that we’ve got some free time on our hands, what better way to get through another week of social distancing than with some tunes. Check out a few of the songs that made the list. There’s something for everyone.
1. Feel Good Inc. – The Gorillaz
- Genre: Hip-Hop/ Alternative
- Listen to when: You wake up and want to set good vibes for the rest of the day.
2. U Can’t Touch This – MC Hammer
- Genre: Hip-Hop/Dance
- Listen to when: You need a dance break.
3. Fever Pitch – Rainbow Kitten Surprise
- Genre: Indie Alternative
- Listen to when: You can’t tell if it’s allergies or the thing everyone’s been avoiding.
4. Don’t Kill My Vibe – Sigrid
- Genre: Pop
- Listen to when: Social media posts become a little too stressful.
5. Don’t Start Now – Dua Lipa
- Genre: Pop/ Dance
- Listen to when: You need a reminder that you can do whatever you put your mind to.
6. Go Your Own Way – Fleetwood Mac
- Genre: Fleetwood Mac are their own genre
- Listen to when: You have the urge to visit a friend but should just stay home.
7. Settle Down – The 1975
- Genre: Indie Pop/ Alternative Rock
- Listen to when: You’re driving through downtown Birmingham with the windows down just to get some fresh air.
8. SICKO MODE [Explicit]- Travis Scott
- Genre: Hip-Hop
- Listen to when: You need to get your blood pumping.
9. Work From Home – Fifth Harmony ft. Ty Dolla $ign
- Genre: Pop
- Listen to when: You need a little motivation to move from the bed to the desk.
10. Breathe Deeper – Tame Impala
- Genre: Psychedelic Rock
- Listen to when: You need to take a few deep breathes after another conference call.
11. Way It Goes – Hippo Campus
- Genre: Indie Rock/ Indie Pop
- Listen to when: You’ve accepted the uncertainty of it all.
12. Stayin’ Alive – Bee Gees
- Genre: Pop/ Disco
- Listen to when: Things just don’t seem to be working out.
13. No Air – Jordin Sparks ft. Chris Brown
- Genre: Contemporary R&B
- Listen to when: You’re in your feels.
14. To Be So Lonely – Harry Styles
- Genre: Pop
- Listen to when: You’re feeling extra alone. We know the feeling.
15. I Will Wait – Mumford & Sons
- Genre: Folk-pop
- Listen to when: You need some encouragement. Social distancing sure isn’t easy.
16. Viva La Vida – Coldplay
- Genre: Alternative Rock
- Listen to when: You need a reminder that life won’t stop. So why should you?
17. Waiting on the World to Change – John Mayer
- Genre: Pop/ Alternative Rock/ Blues
- Listen to when: You’re feeling uncertain. For once in our lifetime, the entire world is feeling the same stress as you.
18. Take Care – Drake & Rihanna
- Genre: Hip-hop/ R&B
- Listen to when: It’s time for a little self-care. Use that extra time to get outside, do a face mask or even pick up a new hobby.
19. Corona and Lime [Explicit] – Shwayze & Cisco Adler
- Genre: Alternative Hip-Hop
- Listen to when: It’s time to crack open a cold one.
20. Don’t Stop Believin’- Journey
- Genre: Rock
- Listen to when: You need the inspiration to get through this weird time. We could all use it.