Get ready Fultondale because a new restaurant is coming your way. Mugshots Grill & Bar is bringing their mouth-watering burgers to a new location this May and we’ve got the deets!
What is Mugshots?
No, we’re not talking about that terrible picture that follows you around for the rest of your life. We’re talking about a restaurant known around Birmingham for its creative burgers. I may not even have to explain this for most of you because you’ve probably been.
For those who have yet to have a Mugshots burger, what are you waiting for? They have two other locations in Birmingham.
- 2311 Richard Arrington Jr. Blvd N. Ste 100 Birmingham, AL, 35203 @ Uptown
- 1919 Kentucky Avenue, Suite 101 Vestavia Hills, AL, 352165
Where will the new Mugshots be?
The Fultondale location will make the third location in the Birmingham area. It will occupy the space of the former Wintzell Oyster House at 3339 Lowery Parkway in the Colonial Promenade shopping center.
Renovations are being made and the Mugshots Grill & Bar is projected to open in early May.
Let’s take a look at their menu
Mugshots Grill & Bar has something for everyone. They’re known for their bodacious burgers but also offer seafood options for those participating in the Lenten season.
Here are a few of their menu items that are now on my list of foods to try:
- Mac and Cheese Burger: Grilled fresh burger, hickory-smoked bacon and mac and cheese between two grilled cheese sandwiches
- Howard’s “Hillbilly” Philly: Sirloin steak chopped and grilled with red onions and bell peppers, melted Swiss cheese, mayo, lettuce and tomato
- Cuz’s Chicken and Waffles: Belgian waffle, tenders and Sriracha syrup
- Blackened Shrimp Pasta: Blackened shrimp served on a bed of penne pasta tossed in Alfredo sauce, topped with Parmesan cheese, diced tomatoes and parsely
Of course, I can’t forget their most unique item, The Mugshot. This isn’t your typical burger folks. It’s a monster! We’re talking three burger patties piled high with 6 strips of bacon, cheddar and swiss cheese, mayo, mustard, lettuce, tomato and red onion. It’s served up with fried, an onion rind and a hand-battered pickle.
Here’s the catch. You have to finish the entire thing in 12 minutes or less. If you complete the challenge, your meal is free and you get a Mugshots t-shirt. Can’t do it? That’ll be $25 and a stomach ache with a side of defeat. Can you handle The Mugshot?