Looking for a reason to run this spring that’s more inspiring than the treadmill? Here’s your answer: BHM26.2. There’s still time to train for this April 19 event, so lace up those shoes and give this Birmingham race a shot! Register now at bhm262.com and get 10 percent off with code BHAMNOW10.
Happening Sunday, April 19, 2020 at Railroad Park, BHM26.2 features a marathon, half marathon, marathon team relay 5k and fun run—there’s something for everyone!
Where is it?
The half marathon is exclusively downtown, while the full course takes participants past multiple iconic Birmingham landmarks like Vulcan Park, Lakeshore Trail, the Birmingham Zoo, and Sloss Furnaces. The best part? No loops!
“Whether you run the full, half or 5k, you’ll have an exciting course.”Jeremy Walker, race director
Run for a Cause
All proceeds from the event benefit Magic Moments, the only wish-granting organization devoted exclusively to children with chronic life-threatening illnesses at Children’s of Alabama. Each of the 26 miles represented in the race are dedicated to a child who has or is currently receiving care at Children’s of Alabama.
- Marathon: $85
- Half Marathon: $80
- Full Marathon Adult 5 Person Relay: $245
- 5k: $26.20
- Fun Run: FREE (must register online)
- The marathon starts downtown and travels through Homewood, Mountain Brook, Avondale and popular Birmingham sites. There’s no doubling back, so you can count on a constant change of scenery.
- The half marathon is located downtown. Check out Birmingham’s history while logging your 13.1 miles!
- If those courses are too long for you, check out the marathon team relay option. Relay teams can run the full course featuring five legs—the distances are 3.1, 5, 5, 5 and 8.1 miles.
- Due to high demand, BHM26.2 is also introducing the BHM 26.2 5k this year if you want to get out there on your own. Couch to 5k, anyone?!
- An even shorter option, the BHM fun run is a quick jaunt around Railroad Park. This event is FREE. Children 14 and under can participate, but kiddos under the age of eight need to have an adult with them.
Sound intriguing? Register.
The party will feature:
- A kids’ zone by Fun Source
- A BBQ meal provided by Jim ‘N Nick’s Bar-B-Q (free for runners)
- Refreshments from Coca Cola Bottling Co.
- Live entertainment by August Night and Party of the Year by the producers of the Black Jacket Symphony on the Charity Steel Stage
- Beer and Tito’s Handmade Vodka drinks available for purchase beginning at 10AM throughout the party
Running the race has its perks—all marathon, half marathon, and marathon team relay runners over 21 will receive a complimentary drink from Tito’s Handmade Vodka—cheers to that!
Runners who show their race bib will also have access to the locker rooms and showers at the Mountain Brook YMCA. Run the race, grab some BBQ, take a shower, and get back for drinks and live music all afternoon!
Avoid the FOMO and register at bhm262.com. Don’t forget code BHAMNOW10 for 10% off!