The Magic City’s music scene is nonstop. From festivals like Secret Stages to artists who come across the world to our venues, this city loves jamming out to all kinds of genres. Here are some well-known artists performing in Birmingham this year—so far.
If you missed out on seeing DJ Snoopadelic at Iron City, they’ve made sure to include a couple other hip hop artists you can see this month. Plus, don’t miss EarthGang at Saturn!
- J.Holiday at Iron City on Janurary 10 | tickets
- WALE at Iron City on January 19 | tickets
- EarthGang at Saturn on February 25 | tickets
Do The Beach Boys and Brittany Howard really fit into the same category? Probably not, but you can catch both of them this year in Birmingham. Whether it’s indie rock, hard rock, folk rock or something new hybrid the city has a little something from everyone.
- The Beach Boys at the Alabama Theater on February 12 | tickets
- Grace Potter at Iron City on February 18 | tickets
- Brittany Howard at Sloss Furnaces on April 28 | tickets
- The Black Crowes at Oak Mountain Amphitheater on June 26 | tickets
You will not escape living in the south without liking at least one country artist. Chances are, it’s one of these award-winning performers. I don’t care how many new wave bands were at the top of your Spotify wrapped.
- Miranda Lambert at the BJCC on January 18 | tickets
- Ashley Mcbryde at Saturn on January 30 | tickets
- Chris Stapleton at the BJCC on March 21 | tickets
So far this pop duo is the only big-name artist to perform on Birmingham’s 2020 set list. But as more artists release tour dates for the new year I bet we can expect to see more.
- AJR at the BJCC May 24 | tickets
Birmingham has some great intimate and aesthetically pleasing venues where you can discover your new favorite Indie artists. I’m looking at you, Saturn. However, now these musicians are breaking into the “I knew about them before they were popular” crowd.
- CAAMP at Saturn on March 4 | tickets
- The Mountain Goats at Saturn on April 28 | tickets
- Tennis at Saturn on May 4 | tickets
- Vampire Weekend at the BjCC on October 7 | tickets
Protect your ears, a trio of metal artists is hitting Oak Mountain in April. If you can’t attend the show I wouldn’t worry, because I’m sure no matter where you are in Birmingham you’ll be able to hear this concert.
- Five Finger Death Punch, Papa Roach, I Prevail & Ice Nine Kills at Oak Mountain Amphitheater on April 11 | tickets
Canadian artist Jesse Cook is leaving the icy snow to visit our much warmer city. Although he’s a three-time winner of the Canadian Smooth Jazz award for Guitarist of the Year, his music also slips into the New Flamenco genre.
- Jesse Cook at the Lyric Theatre on January 14 | tickets