Looking for some Birmingham-made gifts for the holiday season? Are you a fan of delicious local food? Do you want to support underprivileged children in Birmingham? We’ve got the event for you! The Southern Environmental Center’s EcoFest Market and Auction is happening on November 7. Get your tickets today!
Local artisans and vendors are coming together this fall to create a shopping experience that celebrates the best of Birmingham! The event will raise money for the Magic School Bus project, which brings underprivileged school groups to the Southern Environmental Center.
There will be a ton of local vendors, silent auction items, tasty local food, beer, wine, and more.
- Date: Thursday, November 7
- Time: 5PM-8PM
- Location: The Theodore
- Address: 3211 2nd Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35222
- Price: Tickets are $40 per person, which includes entry, food, and 2 free drinks
Get your tickets here! Here are five reasons you’re going to want to be in attendance.
1. Shop Goods from Local Artisans
The EcoFest Market and Auction is one of the most unique shopping experiences in Birmingham. The Magic City has no shortage of outstanding artisans and vendors that sell their goods all over the country, so there’s really no reason to shop anywhere else!
From pottery to jewelry, edible treats to clothing, and a whole lot more—you’re guaranteed to find something for everyone on your holiday gift list.
2. Meet the Featured Vendors
Every year there are a select few Featured Vendors at EcoFest—and this year’s lineup has us ready to shop!
Honeycreeper Chocolate makes and sells delicious treats such as chocolate bars and bonbons, caramels, drinking chocolates and more.
Yogi Dada is an artist who lives in Birmingham and creates paintings as well as jewelry. She describes her style as, “free, grounded in my African roots and graffiti.”
Freedom Soap Co.
Freedom Soap Co. produces handmade, all-natural, palm-oil free soap and bath goods right here in Birmingham.
3. Enjoy Local Food and Drinks
The $40 ticket includes delicious fare from Bon Appétit and two free drink tickets. There will also be a cash bar available.
Bon Appétit specializes in creating made-from-scratch menus featuring regional, seasonal, artisan-produced products.
4. Bid on These Amazing Silent Auction Items
These silent auction items are one of the biggest draws of the night. Here’s a preview of the packages:
- Adirondack Chairs: Choose from 4 hand-painted sunflower motif chairs done by local art students (pictured above)
- Alys Beach: 3 nights & 4 days in one of Florida’s most sought after retreats
- Leave the Domestic Engineering to the Maids: This package includes a comprehensive 3-hour cleaning
- Mississippi Gulf Retreat: Spend 3 nights and 4 days in a stunning home featured on Tiny House Nation
- K.C & Sunshine Band: VIP package includes 2 premium seats, reserved parking, and dinner for two at the Southern Kitchen & Bar
- Purdy Pontoon Getaway: Package includes a 6 hr pontoon rental for up to 8 people, rod & reel, & $100 Publix gift card
- Birmingham Rooftop Experience: Enjoy panoramic views of Birmingham’s skyline from the Westin Hotel’s rooftop pool. Package includes a Top Golf experience for two
- Iron Bowl 2019: Two premium tickets (Alabama Section) to this year’s matchup at Auburn on November 30th
- Tribute to Tom Petty & Fleetwood Mac: 4 tickets to an unforgettable evening with Running Down a Dream and Rumours at Iron City on 11/29
- Kentucky Derby Party for 30: Hold on to your hats as you watch the horses thunder past you on a 20 ft custom screen with state of the art 4K projection. Enjoy great libations and hors d’oeuvres with your friends in BSC’s former Planetarium
5. Provide Opportunity for Children in Birmingham
The best part of EcoFest? Proceeds benefit the Magic School Bus project, which helps underprivileged school groups in Birmingham get to experience the award-winning Southern Environmental Center.
You can read all about the project here and learn about why it’s important.
Get your tickets today! You’re not going to want to miss this one.