Read Time 2 Minutes
It’s no secret that Birmingham, AL is home to some pretty outstanding artisans and small businesses. One type of good that’s booming in the Magic City? Hand-poured candles! Now that cooler weather has arrived, it’s time to get your living spaces smelling seasonal—here are 5 local candlemakers and their best autumn scents.
1—ecam and co.
- ecam and co. candles are handmade, 100% soy, and clean-burning
- Best fall scents: Pumpkin Chai, Apple Maple Bourbon, White Currant, and Mountain Berry
- Where to buy: You can always find these goodies at The Market at Pepper Place, plus you can order online! She’s also the featured local pick at Illuminated in Mountain Brook
- Check out ecam and co. on Instagram and Facebook
2—Great Bear Wax Co.
- Great Bear Wax Co. has been recognized in Vogue, Garden & Gun, Southern Living, and more
- Best fall scents: Pumpkin, Autumn, and Campfire
- Where to buy: You can always order online, but Great Bear Wax Co. can now be found in Bungalow Bunglaow as well as Upswing Bham across from the Pizitz downtown
- Check out Great Bear Wax Co. on Instagram and Facebook
3—Crave Candles Co.
- The owner and founder of Crave Candles Co. was born and raised in Birmingham, and the city’s rich history inspired their Steel City Collection
- Best fall scents: Harvest, Pumpkin Souffle, Smoked Vanilla, and Walk in the Woods
- Where to buy: You can find Crave Candles in tons of local Birmingham retailers as well as The Market at Pepper Place! And of course, you can shop online
- Check out Crave Candles Co. on Instagram and Facebook
- Bemele Candles gets creative with their containers. In honor of #spookyseason, you can buy candles in a skull-shaped container!
- Best fall scents: Alabama Autumn, Caramel Crunch, Cranberry Jam, Apple Crisp, and Pumpkin Spice
- Where to buy: Order online or buy in-person at Woodlawn Street Market, Urban Suburban, and more
- Check out Bemele Candles on Instagram and Facebook
- Stack Candles has a unique backstory as a business, and their slogan reflects that: “The Fragrance of Gratitude”
- Best fall scents: Fall Harvest, Orange Peel Cinnamon, Autumn Grace, and Farmhouse
- Where to buy: You can find Stack Candles in Birmingham on shelves at Alabama Goods, Betsy Prince, and more—plus in stores as far as South Carolina and Florida! You can also order online here
- Check out Stack Candles on Instagram and Facebook