Birminghamians, rejoice – because BRUNCH. IS. BACK! Starting this Sunday, Sept. 15, you can get back to brunchin’ at Iron City Grill every Sunday from 10AM-3PM. Here are 7 of our top picks from their new menu + all the specials you don’t want to miss.
Since I moved to Birmingham for college, my parents and I started a tradition of meeting for Sunday brunch in Decatur—halfway between Birmingham and my hometown, Franklin, Tennessee. In my opinion, spending time with family while eating a light brunch is the perfect way to relax on a Sunday. But now that brunch is back at Iron City Grill, my parents might have to drive all the way to Birmingham to try it. Sorry, Mom and Dad.
Brunch is back at Iron City Grill
BhamNowers love Iron City Grill. In fact, we just celebrated our 3rd year birthday party there! That’s why we are so excited to see the dishes that Iron City Grill has prepared for their brunch menu.
Starting this Sunday, September 15th, Iron City Grill will be hosting brunch every Sunday from 10am to 3pm. In addition to their mouth-watering new brunch menu, they’ll also offer $2 mimosas and bloody marys from 10AM-11AM—Like you needed any more convincing to check it out.
Our Top 7 Brunch Picks for Every Appetite
1) If you want something sweet AND savory: Chicken and Waffles
For a very long time, I never understood the craze behind chicken and waffles. However, I recently tried it, and now it now has my full support. Plus, Iron City Grill’s take looks SO. GOOD.
- What: Tender Slow Smoked Chicken, Cornbread Waffle, Bourbon Maple Syrup
- Price: $13
2) If you’re more of a lunch than brunch type: Steak and Eggs.
You worked all week for this steak & eggs dish. Treat yourself.
- Work: 12oz Certified Angus Ribeye & 2 eggs cooked to order, Roasted Potato Hash, McEwen & Sons Cheddar Grits
- Price: $24
3) If you want to connect to the coast: Shrimp & Gritz
If you know me, you know seafood is one of my culinary weaknesses. But shrimp AND grits together? Hold me back.
- What: Wild Gulf Shrimp sautéed with Poblano Peppers, Caramelized Onions, & Crispy Conecuh Sausage served over McEwen & Sons Cheddar Grits with Roasted Red Pepper Cream
- Price: $16
4) If you want something light, but filling: The Garden Omelet.
Omelets are a staple of any brunch menu. Since all Iron City Grill omelets are served with Iron City Hash and Cheese Grits, this omelet is sure to be a hit!
- What: Poblanos, Bell Peppers, Sliced Jalapeños, Caramelized Onions, Diced Tomatoes, Baby Spinach, Provolone Cheese
- Price: $11
5) If you crave Mexican food for every meal: Breakfast Fajitas.
My mother absolutely loves Mexican-inspired dishes. And I know once she sees this picture of Iron City Grill’s mouth-watering breakfast fajitas, she won’t think twice about coming to visit!
- What: Scrambled Eggs, Conecuh Sausage, Peppers, Onions, Salsa, Sour Cream, Warm Flour Tortillas with Roasted Potato Hash & McEwen & Sons Cheddar Grits
- Price: $13
6) If you want a little bit of everything: The Anvil
Have you ever seen eggs look this good? Served over potato hash and cheddar grits… Sunday never seemed so far away.
- What: 2 eggs cooked to order served over roasted potato hash, McEwen & Sons Cheddar Grits, topped with sautéed Poblano Peppers, Caramelized Onions, & Crispy Conecuh Sausage & Roasted Red Pepper Cream
- Price: $15
7) If you’re a “dessert first” person: Pecan Sticky Bread
You didn’t think we’d forget dessert… did you?
- What: An ooey-gooey pull apart bun that’s easy to share… or not…
- Price: $6
These are just a few of the delicious brunch items available at Iron City Grill each Sunday from 10am to 3pm. For the full menu, visit their website! And make sure to mark your calendars for September 15th to try them all for the first time!
Already making Sunday brunch plans? Let us know what dish you’re most excited to try on social @BhamNow.