Read Time 1 Minutes
Bham Now serves up 9 quick facts about the National Ballet Theatre of Odessa’s performance of “Swan Lake,” coming soon to Birmingham. Want more? Then get tickets to see this classic love story live at The Lyric Theatre on Tuesday, January 15, at 7:30pm.
9 Quick Facts about “Swan Lake” at The Lyric
- The tour marks the National Ballet Theatre of Odessa’s first visit to the United States. (Birmingham made the tour. Woo-hoo!)
- Get ready for fouettés and feathers. The show brings 55 of Ukraine’s brightest ballet stars to the Magic City.
- Prima Ballerina Elena Dobryanskaya will steal the show. (You don’t get the title “prima” for nothing.)
- When it comes to classical ballet, “Swan Lake” defines iconic. Pyotr Tchaikovsky wrote the music (you might recognize his name from “The Nutcracker”), while Marius Petipa (major ballet bigwig) and Lev Ivanov choreographed it.
- Russian folklore and German legend inspired the timeless love story.
- Now for the nitty-gritty. The Lyric Theatre doors open one hour prior to the 7:30pm showtime on January 15.
- The full-scale performance includes four acts and one intermission, so plan your powder room and snack breaks accordingly.
- Tickets are available now and range from $43.50 to $65.50 each.
- Finally, guess who’s got two pairs of tickets to give away? Bham Now does. We’ll announce details in one of our newsletters and on Instagram soon to tell you how to enter to win.
“We are proud to bring this enduring story of love and life to the historic stage at Birmingham’s Lyric Theatre. It is an honor to share our own artful interpretation of such a beloved ballet, as our dancers put on a breathtakingly beautiful performance.”Elena Baranovskaya, artistic director, National Ballet Theatre of Odessa
Find The Lyric Theatre at 1800 3rd Ave. N., Birmingham, AL 35203.