Read Time 3 Minutes
Looking for a fun-filled holiday weekend spent with family and friends? Here are six reasons why you should attend the city of Talladega’s third annual Christmas on the Square, happening December 7-9.
1. It’s 3 Days Full of Holiday F.U.N.
Christmas on the Square offers three full days of family-friendly entertainment. This December marks the third year that the city of Talladega has put on this joyous event—and it is full of holiday-inspired fun for all!
2. Admission is FREE
Yes, admission to Christmas on the Square is totally free! In fact, all activities (excluding Food Truck Alley) are free! The holidays can be quite expensive, so why not attend an event that will actually let you to save money and still have some season fun?
3. Free Ice Skating and Special Visits with Characters from Disney’s Frozen
The holiday season is all about spending time with loved ones and creating magical and memorable moments that will last a lifetime. With a lengthy list of joyful and entertaining activities, Christmas on the Square is the perfect place to do just that!
4. Shop ‘Til You Drop at the Vendor Village
Do you have holiday gifts to buy? Christmas on the Square’s Vendor Village is the ultimate place to shop ’til you drop! This exciting village will feature many of your favorite local shops. Not only will you be able to check off all those gifts on your holiday shopping list, but you’ll also be supporting local businesses. Shop local y’all!
5. FREE Movies at the Ritz Theatre
There’s nothing like watching a holiday movie with friends and family to make that ho-ho-ho spirit skyrocket. Not to mention, they are FREE to enjoy throughout the weekend. When you attend Christmas on the Square, expect all those feel-good moments of a joyful holiday flick when you settle in for free Christmas movies at the Ritz Theatre.
Here’s the lineup:
Friday, December 7
- Polar Express – 6pm-9pm
Saturday, December 8
- Disney’s A Christmas Carol – 1pm
- Arthur Christmas – 3pm
- Frozen – 5pm
Sunday, December 9
- The Santa Claus – 1pm
- A Christmas Story – 3pm
- Home Alone 2 – 5pm
6. Meet and Greet with Santa
You didn’t think Christmas on the Square would forget Santa did you? Of course not! You simply can’t have a true Christmas event without Jolly Ole’ Saint Nick. That’s why he will be making a grand appearance during the weekend for a spirited Meet and Greet with Santa.
Catch Santa during these times:
- Saturday, December 8 – 1pm-6pm
- Sunday, December 9 – 1pm-6pm
You can expect some holiday card-worthy photos, too! Click here to check out some of last year’s photos from the Meet and Greet with Santa.
More Activities to Discover
Believe it or not, that’s not all Christmas on the Square has to offer. There will be lots of other activities to take part in, including:
- Food Truck Alley (Sat., Dec. 8 – 10am-6pm; Sun., Dec. 9 – 12pm-6pm)
- Frozen Fun Center
- Outdoor ice skating (All day). Elsa, Anna and Olaf will visit the rink Dec. 8-9 from 1pm-4pm
- Santa’s workshop with kids’ crafting (All day)
- Train ride (All day)
- Dress up photo booth (All day)
- Christmas Music DJ (All day)
- Rince Alainn School of Irish Dance (Sat., Dec. 8 – 12pm)
- Magic 96.5 Live will also be there rocking seasonal tunes on Saturday, Dec. 8 from 11am-1pm.
Mark Your Calendar for Christmas on the Square
Be sure to mark your calendar for Christmas on the Square, taking place rain or shine at The Historic Square in downtown Talladega, Friday, December 7 (6pm-9pm), Saturday, December 8 (10am-6pm) and Sunday, December 9 (12pm-6pm).
Christmas on The Square will be held at 1 Court Square, Talladega, AL 35160.