Creating holiday greeting cards at school to bring home is a kid tradition—one that children in the hospital might miss. But at Children’s of Alabama in Birmingham, this time-honored activity comes to the patients. The best part? When you purchase the cards at CrinkledNose.com, the proceeds help make patients’ lives just a bit more joyful.
Art From The Heart
You could say this art-y fundraiser is from everyone’s heart. On the back of each card, you’ll find the name of the child who created the design for the Children’s of Alabama Art from the Heart program.
Then, Flex Digital of Birmingham prints the cards, while Solutions Infusion Therapy, also a local company, sponsors them. Each year, a loyal following, from corporations to individuals, orders their Children’s of Alabama holiday cards from CrinkledNose.com.
All the profits (25 percent of the sales price) benefit the hospital, and it adds up.
“Since we created the Art from the Heart program in 2010, the cards have raised over $40,000.”Cayleigh Cummings, coordinator of community development at Children’s of Alabama
Kids Being Kids
The primary beneficiary of the Children’s of Alabama card sales at CrinkledNose.com is the Child Life Department. The department helps provide an environment of normalcy for patients by arranging activities like the ones their peers are doing at school.
Creating art for the cards is in itself one of those activities, as well as a fundraiser. The Child Life Department invites patients and their siblings to come and create, and even brings art materials to children’s bedsides if necessary. It can even be a therapy tool.
“A couple of years ago, we had a patient who had been in a tragic accident. Therapists encouraged him to practice drawing to regain movement in his hands. The Art from the Heart program is a tool within the hospital to encourage the kids to try some of those things.”Cayleigh Cummings, coordinator of community development at Children’s of Alabama
5 Easy Steps To Order
If you would like to spread some holiday joy, it’s super easy to order your cards and support Children’s of Alabama. For custom orders, such as adding a corporate logo, email firstname.lastname@example.org. For standard orders, follow these steps.
- Visit crinklednose.com/childrens-of-alabama. (All of the CrinkledNose.com links in this post will direct you to Children’s of Alabama cards.)
- Select your design and, if applicable, size.
- Customize the cards with your name. If you want to be fancy, this is also where you can upgrade to foil-lined envelopes.
- Select your quantity. Hint: the more you order, the better the price. See sample prices and quantities below.
- Check out. If you wish, you can direct the proceeds to a specific division of Children’s of Alabama here. Otherwise, proceeds support the Child Life Department.
- 10 cards and envelopes for $25.50
- 25 cards and envelopes for $42.50
- 50 cards and envelopes for $79.50
- 75 cards and envelopes for $140.25
- 100 cards and envelopes for $128.50
Order your CrinkledNose.com holiday cards today, and bring smiles to some awesome kids at Children’s of Alabama!