Read Time 6 Minutes
There’s a lot to love about the holidays, but all the planning can be … a lot. Or, you can just make plans to celebrate at Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille in Birmingham. From Thanksgiving family dinner to a hot date night for New Year’s Eve, from private parties to gift giving, Perry’s pulls it off scrumptiously.
1. Our Gravy Boat Runneth Over
Now’s the time to make Thanksgiving dinner plans, and for the first time, Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille is hosting. Their three-course traditional Thanksgiving dinner menu, for $49.95 per person, includes:
- Choice of Butternut Squash Soup or Honeycrisp Apple Salad with Dried Cherries, Walnuts and Maple Syrup Vinaigrette
- Roast Turkey Breast with pan gravy and all the traditional fixings, including Mashed Potatoes, Green Bean Almondine, Sausage and Sage Cornbread Stuffing and Cranberry Relish
- Pumpkin Pie with Chantilly Cream (Better than Grandma’s. Don’t tell her I said that.)
Perry’s even remembered the kids’ table. For ages 12 and under, a $15 kid’s plate includes the Roast Turkey Breast with pan gravy and all of the traditional fixings: Mashed Potatoes, Green Bean Almondine, Sausage and Sage Cornbread Stuffing and Cranberry Relish. (Salad, soup and dessert will be available for additional purchase.)
Add this to your list of things to be thankful for. With Perry’s full dinner menu available alongside the prix-fixe Thanksgiving dinner menu, everyone around the table—vegetarians, vegans, gluten-free diners and die-hard fans of Perry’s Famous 7-Finger Pork Chop—can say thanks for a “Rare and Well Done” meal.
Make those reservations! On Thanksgiving day, Nov. 22, Perry’s will be open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Call 205-968-1597 or visit perryssteakhouse.com to make your plans today.
2. Drink And Be Merry All December Long
With live music, a towering wine wall, craft beers and delightful feats of mixology, Bar 79 at Perry’s is a destination in itself. And throughout the month of December, you are in for a special treat. Try the Holiday Wine Thyme for only $9. This festive, off-the-menu cocktail features Perry’s Reserve Cabernet, Hennessy VS Cognac and fresh lemon juice, garnished with fresh thyme.
Check out Social Hour at Perry’s, weekdays from 4-7 p.m. and Sundays from 4-9 p.m., for $9 bar bites and cocktails as well as specially priced wine and craft beer.
Fun fact: Bar 79 is named for Perry’s founding year. Looks like somebody has a 40th anniversary coming up!
3. New Year’s Eve Date Plans, Anyone?
New Year’s Eve Dinner and Midnight Toast
Ring in 2019 at Perry’s for a three-course meal to remember, with your choice of soup or salad starter, signature entrée and out-of-this-world dessert. The new year is looking good already.
Start with your choice of soup or salad.
- Lobster Bisque
- French Onion Soup
- Signature Wedge Salad – With red onions, green onions, tomatoes, bacon and a buttermilk vinaigrette dressing
- Caesar Salad – With croutons, anchovies, parmesan cheese and Perry’s traditional caesar dressing
- Kale Salad with Jalapeño-Mint Vinaigrette – With pecorino cheese and croutons
Next, the main event.
With nine of Perry’s signature entrées to choose from, one is sure to be your number. (Want brand-new taste experience? Go for the Chicken Oscar.)
- 8-oz. Filet Perry – Wrapped with Nueske’s Applewood-smoked bacon and topped with jumbo lump crabmeat
- 14-oz. Prime New York Strip – Finely seasoned with kosher salt, black pepper and topped with herb-garlic butter
- 14-oz. Prime Ribeye – Finely seasoned with kosher salt, black pepper and topped with herb-garlic butter
- Perry’s Famous Pork Chop – Hand selected in the Midwest specifically for Perry’s Steakhouse, this prime chop is cured, roasted, slow-smoked and caramelized, and served with homemade applesauce and carved tableside
- Grilled Salmon – Served with lemon-dill butter and cauliflower mousse
- Crispy Skin Wild Red Snapper – Served with chive whipped potatoes and truffle vinaigrette
- Chicken Oscar – An off-the-menu item, served over asparagus and topped with béarnaise sauce and lump crabmeat
- Surf & Turf Pasta – Served with Filet Mignon, lobster and tomato basil sauce
- Spaghetti Squash Primavera
It’s good luck to eat dessert on New Year’s Eve.
That’s a thing, right? You’ll feel lucky when your dessert arrives—that I guarantee, whichever you choose.
- White Chocolate Cheesecake – Served over a graham cracker crust topped with sour cream icing
- Dessert Trio – Vanilla bean crème brulée, chocolate crunch and praline cheesecake
- Chocolate Crunch – Crunchy milk chocolate covered with a dark chocolate ganache served with homemade whipped cream, toffee and peanut brittle
Make those New Year’s Eve reservations! Before 5:30 p.m., the New Year’s Eve prix-fixe menu is $59.95 per person. If you want to stay for the midnight champagne toast in Bar 79 (yes, please!), choose a time after 5:45 p.m.—it’s $79.95 per person and the champagne toast is included.
Perry’s main dining room will be open from 4 p.m. to midnight on the big day, and Bar 79 will remain open until 1 a.m. New Year’s Eve reservations are required, and tax and gratuity are not included in the per-person price.
Call 205-968-1597 or visit perryssteakhouse.com to make your plans today.
4. Got A Crowd? Make It A Private Party
Planning a special event? Here’s your easy button. Check out Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille in Birmingham first. It has four exquisite private dining spaces to host holiday parties and accommodate groups of up to 120.
Whether you’re planning a traditional, seated dinner or a mix-and-mingle affair, the experienced event team at Perry’s makes planning a breeze. From helping you choose the perfect menu to making your guests feel at home—in a very swanky home—the Perry’s team will handle all the details so you can relax and enjoy the holiday season.
Pro tip: your holiday party doesn’t have to be a full-fledged seated dinner—nothing says festive holiday gathering like a Perry’s Pairing Party! Work with the Perry’s team to create your own menu of mini martinis and perfectly paired bites and really wow your guests this season.
5. The Best Gifts Come In Small, Flat Packages
During November and December, you will receive a complimentary $25 reward card for every $125 in Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille gift cards you purchase. It’s the gift that keeps on giving!
Perry’s gift cards are redeemable at any location, have no fees and never expire. The $25 reward card is valid Jan. 2 through June 30, 2019, excluding holidays. The offer is valid for up to $500 in reward cards. All rewards cards are mailed directly to the purchaser separate from the original purchase.
Perks Of A Perry’s Experience This Holiday Season: Exclusive, Off-The-Menu Items
Giving the gift of Perry’s this year means giving your friends and loved ones the chance to have their own Rare and Well Done® experience and to try something new. In addition to Perry’s already flavor-filled menu of beloved fan favorites, Perry’s is offering seven off-the-menu items throughout the holiday season. Check out these delicious dishes, available for a limited time:
- Red Snapper Crudo with Pickled Ginger, Turmeric, Finger Lime Caviar and Tangerine Oil
- BBQ Octopus with Charred Lemon Garlic Potatoes, Ranch Cabbage Slaw and Pickled Shallots
- Whole Bandera Branzino roasted in a salt dome, presented tableside and served with an Agrodolce sauce
- 16-oz. Bison Cowboy Chop with Chimichurri and Burnt Garlic
- Butterscotch Budino with Salted Caramel
- Olive Oil Strawberry Shortcake
Back By Popular Demand
In addition to these new items, Perry’s Butternut Squash Purée is back by popular demand, served with bacon and maple syrup and topped with Italian breadcrumbs. Get it while you can!
Christmas Eve Hours
Perry’s Christmas Eve hours for the dining room and Bar 79 are 4 to 10 p.m. The restaurant will be closed Christmas Day, as well as New Year’s Day.
Find Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille at 4 Perimeter Park South, Birmingham, Alabama 35243.