When I visited the highly anticipated Metropolitan apartment community in Lakeview recently, construction crews were putting the finishing touches on the amenity areas. Now it’s furnished, and I’m blown away. Check out the magazine-level designer style and four more reasons you must see the Metropolitan, even if you’re not apartment shopping…yet.
The Wow Factor
High-end designer furnishings in the lobby and amenity areas of the Metropolitan are like nothing I’ve seen before in an apartment community. Interior designer Lisa Guarino, ASID, filled the spaces with plush luxury furniture.
“The Lakeview area is thriving! It’s lively, dynamic and ever changing. I wanted to bring all of those things to the Metropolitan. As soon as you walk in, I hope people stop and think ‘Wow, I wasn’t expecting this, I’m digging this vibe, and I want to live here!'”Lisa Guarino, ASID, Metropolitan interior designer
A posh color scheme of black, blue and gold brings all the elements together. You’ll see Guarino’s touches in the tiniest details, from pendant lights to artfully styled bookshelves.
As you walk from the sophisticated lobby to the hangout area, you’ll see brighter punches of color—greens, rich pinks and reds—woven into the scheme.
“The theme-y monochromatic apartment complex design is so passé. I wanted to emulate a boutique hotel feeling and explore changing atmospheres throughout each amenity space.”Lisa Guarino, ASID, Metropolitan interior designer
Customer Service Is No. 1 Priority
There’s a full-time staff led by Robin Hixson, Metropolitan community manager and Birmingham resident. To demonstrate the customer service level of her team, Hixson shared the story of Metropolitan residents who had an August move-in date that was unavoidably delayed to September.
“I called each resident personally and was up till 1 a.m. talking to them. For all but two of the 16 residents, we were able to find a solution. The two we lost were individuals who had unmovable time frames.Robin Hixson, Metropolitan community manager
This example, though unfortunate, gives a glimpse into how seriously the Metropolitan and Hixson take customer service. It’s like you’re living in a resort, with a staff who is truly there to take care of you.
Fine-tuned Ambiance Powered By Technology
The Metropolitan isn’t just beautiful. It’s also smart. A high-tech Control4 Home Automation System provides ultimate control over the interior environment, including lights, music and temperature.
Through the Control4 app on the management’s staff iPad, the team at Metropolitan can instantly adjust the ambiance in the amenity spaces to complement the moment at hand.
A few high points include:
- The lobby alone boasts seven custom light zones, and all amenity spaces are customized to a similar level. There are no light switches anywhere in the amenity spaces because they’re not needed.
- Music streams from a premium customizable music playlist in the lobby and onto the pedestrian sidewalk. The other amenity spaces, including the pool and rooftop lounge, are also outfitted with the Control4 sound system, with the ability to stream different playlists in each space.
- If that wasn’t cool enough, both the music and lighting zones are tailored to the time of day and year. This unique capability lets the Metropolitan set the mood with music and by dimming or brightening the lights.
The Resort Life
If you enjoy that pampered feeling while on vacation, then you’re going to love the amenities at the Metropolitan. But it won’t be a vacation; it will be your everyday life. The highlights:
- Courtyard pool with grills and a fire pit.
- Cold towels and water bottles in the gym, which overlooks the pool.
- Rooftop lounge with panoramic downtown views, grills and a fire pit for those cool autumn nights.
- High-end game room including a billiards table.
- Local Birmingham coffee bar featuring Seeds Coffee Co.
Best Product For The Price
I could go on and on about the fantastic amenities at the Metropolitan, but it’s truly something you’ll have to experience yourself.
Call 205-488-9901 to schedule a tour, or book an appointment online. I think you’ll find that the Metropolitan is truly the best bang for your buck.