Read Time 2 Minutes
“Easy” and “smooth” aren’t exactly words that are commonly used to describe startups, or business in general. This is why Forge – Birmingham’s newest (and only) co-working space – is hosting their first event as part of a new series dedicated to those who take the plunge into the ever-changing world of business in Birmingham.
The series will touch on many subjects over the course of the sessions, but you can expect sound advice, tips, and stories from local company founders on how they have grown into what they are today.
The subject of Forge’s first Business Breakthrough Session, simply put:
“Lessons learned from idea to start up to industry disrupter”
Tell me more
The Session will consist of a keynote speaker and a panel of founders.
- Keynote speaker – Kasey Birdsong (Planet Fundraiser)
- Panel – Cindy Martin (Bham Now – that’s us!), Jeremy Carter (Breakout Games), and Luke Allen (Occupational Health Dynamics (OHD)).
These special guests will take you through their journeys of how they came to be the industry disrupters that they are today – bumps along the road and all. But here is where they are currently:
- Planet Fundraiser turned fundraising on its head by making it easy as snapping a photo to raise money for a favorite charity.
- Bham Now found a niche that local media wasn’t quite touching.
- Breakout Games found a way to make teamwork fun in a life-size puzzle.
- OHD keeps occupational health care providers up-to-date only the best equipment and services.
Though different industries, each of these unique local companies and their founders all have one thing in common – there was a lot to learn along the way.
Don’t miss out on the once-in-a-lifetime chance to hear each of these founders’ speak about their lessons learned. You’ll also get to hear each unique story of how their ideas made it to startup fruition and on to disrupting the industry standards.
Be sure to visit Forge for this inaugural event series with the rock star cast of a keynote speaker and panel members.
When: Thursday, September 21st
Where: Forge (inside Pizitz)
Price: FREE! Just RSVP here.