Read Time 2 Minutes
Website EBSCO Industries
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
EBSCO is seeking a highly-motivated Software Engineer to become part of our software development team. The Software Engineer will play an integral role on a team responsible for the development, testing, and delivery of externally and internally facing web applications. You will work with cross-functional teams, have exposure and visibility to senior leaders, and be able to make significant technical and business impact.
Please note, we are not offering sponsorship at this time.
- Collaborate with product management and your team while analyzing and decomposing complex software features into simpler stories for planning and execution.
- Collaborate with your team to manage and estimate the size and complexity of the features/stories. Perform the technical design, implementation, and testing of feature/stories and commit to what can be accomplished in an iteration.
- Own system and feature quality throughout the development, testing and deployment phases to ensure quality delivery expectations are met.
- Drive value and build to continuously improve the quality of the team’s deliverables.
- Contribute to software engineering best practices for design, coding standards, performance, security, delivery, maintainability and culture.
- Demonstrate ownership of developed components from development through production.
- 3+ years experience with object oriented design and building backend applications
- 3+ years experience designing and developing service-based architectures and/or microservices
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Hands on experience with Cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Advocate of unit testing, automation and test-driven development.
- Understanding of Agile software engineering principles and methodologies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex, pregnancy status, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Birmingham
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Software Engineer, Computer Science, Product Manager, Technology, Engineering, Operations
To apply for this job please visit careers.ebscoind.com.