Read Time 2 Minutes
Website EBSCO Industries
EBSCO Industries, headquartered in Birmingham Alabama, was founded by an entrepreneur who was passionate about honoring our commitments to our customers, rejecting the status quo, and seeking to continuously improve our team. We continue to operate that way today, with a passion for our people and our businesses succeeding together. EBSCO has a variety of businesses that are within 5 different industries including Information Services, Publishing, Manufacturing, Real Estate and Insurance Services. We hire passionate people, driven to grow, because we know the success of EBSCO depends on the long-term success of our businesses and our teams.
EBSCO Industries tax team is looking for a new Sales Tax Representative to join the team. Reporting into the manager of sales tax, the representative will assist with all functions of the department and interact closely with multiple internal teams. Based at EBSCO Industries world HQ in Birmingham, the representative role, will be an excellent opportunity for someone to grow their financial skill set!
- Sales tax data importing, balancing, and posting to monthly tax spreadsheet
- Converting various types of data files for importing into tax software
- Troubleshooting import warning and errors and communicating with divisions to correct
- Data entry of summarized tax detail
- Balancing monthly tax postings and payments to general ledger
- Assist with preparing and filing monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales/use tax returns
- Assist with amended returns, renewing licenses
- Assist in gathering data and documentation for audits
- Provide timely and considerate customer service
- Support continuous process improvement, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Assist with additional tasks and projects as needed
Skills & Qualifications:
- 1+ years professional financial experience (accounting, AP/AR, tax, sales tax, bookkeeping)
- 1 + professional experience with the MS Office Suite
- 1+ professional experience with financial software (SAP preferred)
- Individual should possess analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented and dynamic environment
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Individual should be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and have a bias for action
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Strong excel skills
- Vertex experience, preferred but not required
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Birmingham
Job Segment: Publishing Sales, ERP, Sales Rep, SAP, Sales, Technology
To apply for this job please visit careers.ebscoind.com.