United Way has a rich history in helping neighborhoods and communities in Central Alabama. It began as a cooperative action to address our city’s human services problems.
Provide accountability, administrative and supervisory oversight for Case Managers at the assigned site. Maintain quality and productivity controls and maintain staff/site performance benchmark goals.
- Provide supervision to case managers to ensure veterans and veteran families achieve housing stability.
- Review and approve all case managers’ documentation including certification, recertification and closure goals for the assigned site.
- Facilitate weekly staff/site meetings to review status of cases.
- Ensure consistent contacts are maintained with VA, hospitals, clinics, Vet Centers, homeless shelters and community agencies.
- Ensure case referrals are completed and documented accurately and timely
- Review certification documentation for completeness and accuracy for case manager to submit to Service Point.
- Review and compare supporting documentation and data entries to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Provide technical assistance to staff as needed.
- Handle client transfers to other SSVF programs.
- Monitor and ensure achievement of monthly Continuous Quality Improvement goals.
- Ensure representation at all local Continuum of Care homeless coalitions
- Ensure outreach contacts with potential community partners across assigned counties are developed and maintained.
- Resolve client complaints under direction of Supervisor
- Ensure follow-up on inquiries and enrollments and that these occur within established targets.
- Actively manage a caseload of approximately 15 veterans and/or veteran families to achieve permanent
Knowledge & Skills
- Proven knowledge of and experience with U.S. military
- Working understanding of the U.S. Veteran’s Administration Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) program
- Thorough working understanding of SSVF case management procedures and documentation
- Thorough working understanding of SSVF database
- Proven attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft and database
- Ability to work as team member
Master’s degree preferred; military experience preferred; combination of education and experience considered
- Valid Alabama driver’s license
- Reliable transportation
- Proof of automobile insurance commensurate with State law
- Cell phone
- Background checks to include criminal record and drug screen
- Rotating work schedule to include evening, weekend and on-call