The beloved Birmingham Artwalk festival is back! Get ready for Birmingham’s downtown loft district to transform into an arts district on September 8 & 9. Art lovers, come experience more than 90+ visual artists, live musicians, street performers, food, drinks and more. Read on for more details about this year’s free event.
1. Birmingham Artwalk is for everyone.
Get ready for one of the most anticipated fall events in The Magic City. Birmingham Artwalk is a FREE two-day arts festival that uplifts our city and showcases established and emerging regional artists.
- What: Birmingham Artwalk
- When: Friday, September 8, 5-10PM | Saturday, September 9, 10AM-6PM
- Where: 1st Ave North – 4th Ave North along 20th Street
- Price: FREE
People of all ages can enjoy being downtown at a safe, family-friendly, community event. Friday night gives off vibes of a huge gallery opening with a street festival atmosphere. Saturday afternoon caters to the family crowd with children’s activities including the Artwalk KidZone, where you can create your own “make and take” arts and craft activity. The Jefferson County Art Bus will be joining the fun on Saturday from 10AM-5PM as a part of the PeeWee Picasso Children’s Area
Note: Artwalk KidZone is available on Saturday ONLY.
2. You get to support talented local + regional artists.
Artwalk is a place for experienced and emerging artists. Art lovers will see original work in all mediums ranging from affordable to extravagant. Pieces of art will include:
- mixed media
Here’s a glimpse at a few of the artists whose work will be on display:
- Jeremy Irwin: Jeremy has over 100 plants of all different varieties and uses the plant’s flowers to make his jewelry pieces.
- Joy Palmer: Joy Palmer is a mixed media artist who enjoys creating unexpected new things from broken or discarded objects.
- Natalie Zoghby: Natalie Russo Zoghby is a highly accomplished artist born and raised in Birmingham, AL. Her work has been featured at Lululemon, Southern Living, The Grand Bohemian Gallery, and The Pizitiz Windows installations.
Participating artists are from Birmingham and surrounding communities, so it’s the perfect time to get out and support your local artist neighbors in the community.
Plan your Artwalk route now—browse the virtual gallery of Artwalk 2023 artists.
3. Enjoy live local performances all day.
Rock out to some great tunes! Friday night the band Swanglish will be playing at the artist party from 8-10PM. Free entertainment on Saturday will include live musicians, street performers and more in the Forstall Parking Lot presented by Art by Burx.
4. Birmingham Artwalk takes place in the middle of a delicious food + drink scene.
Walking through the streets of the unique and architecturally rich setting of downtown Birmingham while browsing beautiful art might make you hungry. Birmingham Artwalk conveniently takes place along the same streets as mouth-watering local eateries, including:
- Bamboo on 2nd
- Bistro Two Eighteen
- Bocca Ristorante
- Carrigan’s Public House
- The Essential
- Yo Mama’s
- and more. Check out the full list of businesses to support and explore along Artwalk.
Don’t miss out! Mark your calendars for Friday, September 8 from 5-10PM and Saturday, September 9 from 10AM-6PM to enjoy all that Birmingham Artwalk has to offer.