It could just be me, but I think a sweet treat is always a good idea. It’s even better when that sweet treat is a locally-made frozen pop. We rounded up five of our favorite pops to help you pick out the best in town. Read on for the deets.
1. Sons Donuts and Pops
Once known as Steel City Pops, Sons Donuts has officially rebranded as Sons Donuts + Pops serving their beloved, homemade pops. Choose from their dozens of creamy or fruity flavors for all of us to enjoy. You can’t go wrong with any, but I would recommend the coffee flavor.
- Location: 351 Rele St, Birmingham, AL 35223
- Hours: Tuesday-Wednesday 7AM-5PM | Thursday-Sunday 7-9PM
- Website | Facebook | Instagram
2. Frios Gourmet Pops
What’s more fun than a mobile popsicle truck? I can’t think of anything. Frios Gourmet Pops is a must-visit, and you can find them at popular locations around the Greater Birmingham Area. I tried the pineapple mango pop and it was a 10/10.
3. La Nueva Michoacana
La Nueva Michoacana has many exciting options for all sweet treat-lovers. These run from coconut and lime to mango with chili. Don’t just take our word for it, come try it for yourself.
- Location: 104 Green Springs Hwy Ste #110 Birmingham, AL 35209
- Hours: Monday-Friday 11AM-8PM | Saturday-Sunday 11AM-9PM
4. Urban Pops
Another locally-made gourmet classic, Urban Pops! For a head start on your visit, get a sneak peek at their flavors.
- Location: 2760 John Hawkins Pkwy, Ste. 100 Hoover, AL 35244
- Hours: Tuesday & Saturday 11AM-9PM | Wednesday 11AM-6PM | Sunday 1-9PM
5. La Sabrosita Ice Cream Shop
At La Sabrosita, you can find delicious ice cream to fruit cocktails to frozen pops. Go ahead and cure your sweet tooth—they have plenty of options to help.
- Location: 3730 Lorna Rd, Hoover, AL, United States, Alabama
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 10AM-9PM | Friday-Saturday 10AM-10PM | Sunday 10AM-9:30PM